Martin Marietta reports huge 2nd quarter profits
Revenue for the company totaled $669.2 million, up from $561.3 million during the same period last year. Net sales hit a record $601.9 million, up from $507.1 million.
The company kept busy during the second quarter of 2014, shipping 12.7 percent more materials this period than the same period last year. Nonresidential construction shipments were up 16 percent compared to the second quarter of 2013.
“We continue to see numerous positive indicators that underpin our confidence in the momentum and growth trajectory of our business,” CEO Ward Nye said in a statement.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- 20-year-old killed at sand and gravel mill894 Views
- Rocker Bob Seger rips Wisconsin mine plan in new song [Audio]647 Views
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability628 Views
- Vulcan makes several changes to its organizational structure564 Views
- Sand thieves targeting the world's beaches371 Views