Martin Marietta reports huge 2nd quarter profits
Revenue for the company totaled $669.2 million, up from $561.3 million during the same period last year. Net sales hit a record $601.9 million, up from $507.1 million.
The company kept busy during the second quarter of 2014, shipping 12.7 percent more materials this period than the same period last year. Nonresidential construction shipments were up 16 percent compared to the second quarter of 2013.
“We continue to see numerous positive indicators that underpin our confidence in the momentum and growth trajectory of our business,” CEO Ward Nye said in a statement.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production752 Views
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success623 Views
- Aggregates industry leader Bob Bartlett dies486 Views
- Obama says now is time to raise gas tax with oil prices plummeting456 Views
- Miner seriously injured after articulated haul truck overturned398 Views