Martin Marietta reports huge 2nd quarter profits
Revenue for the company totaled $669.2 million, up from $561.3 million during the same period last year. Net sales hit a record $601.9 million, up from $507.1 million.
The company kept busy during the second quarter of 2014, shipping 12.7 percent more materials this period than the same period last year. Nonresidential construction shipments were up 16 percent compared to the second quarter of 2013.
“We continue to see numerous positive indicators that underpin our confidence in the momentum and growth trajectory of our business,” CEO Ward Nye said in a statement.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program617 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas416 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents302 Views
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana277 Views
- Lafarge NA sells $450 million in assets to Summit Materials246 Views