Martin Marietta reports huge 2nd quarter profits
Revenue for the company totaled $669.2 million, up from $561.3 million during the same period last year. Net sales hit a record $601.9 million, up from $507.1 million.
The company kept busy during the second quarter of 2014, shipping 12.7 percent more materials this period than the same period last year. Nonresidential construction shipments were up 16 percent compared to the second quarter of 2013.
“We continue to see numerous positive indicators that underpin our confidence in the momentum and growth trajectory of our business,” CEO Ward Nye said in a statement.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- U.S. Concrete purchases a New Jersey aggregate operation388 Views
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest372 Views
- MSHA gives out $8.4 million to 47 states for mine safety and health training334 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company301 Views
- Four contractors compete for $1.1 billion I-285/GA 400 interchange project in Atlanta292 Views