Martin Marietta to appeal ruling on Vulcan Materials
The Vulcan Materials/Martin Marietta Materials saga continues.
According to a Bloomberg Business Week report, Martin Marietta Materials is appealing the Vulcan Materials ruling.
Yesterday, according to the Bloomrberg report, Martin Marietta said that it will appeal a Delaware Court of Chancery ruling that would delay its nearly $5 billion hostile bid for competing asphalt, concrete and stone supplier Vulcan Materials Co.
According to the Bloomberg report, Martin Marietta said its proposed plan to buy the larger Vulcan Materials has “undeniable strategic merits” and voiced disappointment in the May 4 ruling, which puts the bid on hold for four months.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Product of the Week: Cat 988K loader511 Views
- NSSGA names Michael W. Johnson as president, CEO212 Views
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Vulcan mining project in Virginia179 Views
- Rock quarry owner proposes expansion in Sitka, Alaska115 Views
- Brant City Council approves water report for Dufferin gravel pit111 Views