Martin Marietta to appeal ruling on Vulcan Materials
The Vulcan Materials/Martin Marietta Materials saga continues.
According to a Bloomberg Business Week report, Martin Marietta Materials is appealing the Vulcan Materials ruling.
Yesterday, according to the Bloomrberg report, Martin Marietta said that it will appeal a Delaware Court of Chancery ruling that would delay its nearly $5 billion hostile bid for competing asphalt, concrete and stone supplier Vulcan Materials Co.
According to the Bloomberg report, Martin Marietta said its proposed plan to buy the larger Vulcan Materials has “undeniable strategic merits” and voiced disappointment in the May 4 ruling, which puts the bid on hold for four months.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Giant-sized Jenga569 Views
- Mining industry expected to lose 53% of skilled workers by 2029380 Views
- Martin Marietta Materials elects President and CEO Ward Nye as chairman of the Board292 Views
- 110-year-old quarry demonstrates aggregate mining importance274 Views
- Metal/nonmetal mining deaths rise by 27% in 2013208 Views