Martin Marietta to appeal ruling on Vulcan Materials
The Vulcan Materials/Martin Marietta Materials saga continues.
According to a Bloomberg Business Week report, Martin Marietta Materials is appealing the Vulcan Materials ruling.
Yesterday, according to the Bloomrberg report, Martin Marietta said that it will appeal a Delaware Court of Chancery ruling that would delay its nearly $5 billion hostile bid for competing asphalt, concrete and stone supplier Vulcan Materials Co.
According to the Bloomberg report, Martin Marietta said its proposed plan to buy the larger Vulcan Materials has “undeniable strategic merits” and voiced disappointment in the May 4 ruling, which puts the bid on hold for four months.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 20151555 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151025 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections965 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production670 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone397 Views