Martin Marietta to be featured in elementary education program
Martin Marietta’s Jacksonville, North Carolina, rock quarry will be the main feature in Onslow County’s “Be a Rock Star” program for kids, according to Jacksonville Daily News.
The program will give students in grades kindergarten through fifth the opportunity to learn about the formation of rocks and discover why the quarry is used.
Martin Marietta representatives will also bring rock and fossil samples from the quarry for the students to see.
Local libraries will host the free event, which begins June 27 and ends August 8.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Giant-sized Jenga404 Views
- Mining industry expected to lose 53% of skilled workers by 2029338 Views
- Martin Marietta Materials elects President and CEO Ward Nye as chairman of the Board242 Views
- Metal/nonmetal mining deaths rise by 27% in 2013202 Views
- Boston’s only quarry could start accepting contaminated construction fill152 Views