Martin Marietta to be featured in elementary education program
Martin Marietta’s Jacksonville, North Carolina, rock quarry will be the main feature in Onslow County’s “Be a Rock Star” program for kids, according to Jacksonville Daily News.
The program will give students in grades kindergarten through fifth the opportunity to learn about the formation of rocks and discover why the quarry is used.
Martin Marietta representatives will also bring rock and fossil samples from the quarry for the students to see.
Local libraries will host the free event, which begins June 27 and ends August 8.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Atlanta turning quarry into one of America's largest reservoirs481 Views
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger430 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources424 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register349 Views
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities344 Views