Martin Marietta to be featured in elementary education program
Martin Marietta’s Jacksonville, North Carolina, rock quarry will be the main feature in Onslow County’s “Be a Rock Star” program for kids, according to Jacksonville Daily News.
The program will give students in grades kindergarten through fifth the opportunity to learn about the formation of rocks and discover why the quarry is used.
Martin Marietta representatives will also bring rock and fossil samples from the quarry for the students to see.
Local libraries will host the free event, which begins June 27 and ends August 8.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry worker safety is a big deal in the U.S., but not everywhere in the world322 Views
- Historical aggregate landmark disappears into Lake Superior216 Views
- Ice climbing at Casket Quarry199 Views
- Can John Oliver's stand on U.S. infrastructure do for highway funding what “Last Week Tonight” did for net neutrality? (VIDEO)180 Views
- Telsmith sponsors white paper on permitting147 Views