Martin Marietta to be featured in elementary education program
Martin Marietta’s Jacksonville, North Carolina, rock quarry will be the main feature in Onslow County’s “Be a Rock Star” program for kids, according to Jacksonville Daily News.
The program will give students in grades kindergarten through fifth the opportunity to learn about the formation of rocks and discover why the quarry is used.
Martin Marietta representatives will also bring rock and fossil samples from the quarry for the students to see.
Local libraries will host the free event, which begins June 27 and ends August 8.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability542 Views
- Owner of rock quarry defends himself against park357 Views
- Video: Behind the scenes with Lego Technic's wheel loader R&D288 Views
- Caterpillar leadership sees changes, heads of mining and dealer support announce retirement 273 Views
- Founder of Florida Crushed Stone dies185 Views