Martin Marietta to be featured in elementary education program
Martin Marietta’s Jacksonville, North Carolina, rock quarry will be the main feature in Onslow County’s “Be a Rock Star” program for kids, according to Jacksonville Daily News.
The program will give students in grades kindergarten through fifth the opportunity to learn about the formation of rocks and discover why the quarry is used.
Martin Marietta representatives will also bring rock and fossil samples from the quarry for the students to see.
Local libraries will host the free event, which begins June 27 and ends August 8.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Cat introduces new track drill438 Views
- Mike Rowe talks about the dirty topic of educating future workers416 Views
- Caterpillar highlights equipment and connectivity at ConExpo-Con/Agg333 Views
- McLanahan Rolls Out Four Key Products204 Views
- Rod Martin receives AggMan of the Year 2013 Award193 Views