Martin Marietta to be featured in elementary education program
Martin Marietta’s Jacksonville, North Carolina, rock quarry will be the main feature in Onslow County’s “Be a Rock Star” program for kids, according to Jacksonville Daily News.
The program will give students in grades kindergarten through fifth the opportunity to learn about the formation of rocks and discover why the quarry is used.
Martin Marietta representatives will also bring rock and fossil samples from the quarry for the students to see.
Local libraries will host the free event, which begins June 27 and ends August 8.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sales manager killed at sand and gravel plant1090 Views
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry698 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets446 Views
- Obama wants 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' no mention of gas tax hike231 Views
- Responses to Obama's State of the Union address229 Views