Massillon Materials, Bolivar resolve $5 million suit with new agreement
Massillon Materials and the village of Bolivar, Ohio have entered into a new agreement, resolving a $5 million lawsuit, The (Massillon) Independent reports.
The sand and gravel company filed the lawsuit after nearby residents pushed for and got a ballot initiative that ultimately rezoned the company’s 182-acre property from industrial and manufacturing to agricultural.
The report notes that the village approved an emergency ordinance on Monday that grants Massillon Materials a conditional-use permit, now allowing the company to use the property for sand and gravel operations.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sales manager killed at sand and gravel plant1069 Views
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry614 Views
- Obama wants 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' no mention of gas tax hike231 Views
- Responses to Obama's State of the Union address229 Views
- More sand coming to Carlsbad beaches196 Views