Massillon Materials, Bolivar resolve $5 million suit with new agreement
Massillon Materials and the village of Bolivar, Ohio have entered into a new agreement, resolving a $5 million lawsuit, The (Massillon) Independent reports.
The sand and gravel company filed the lawsuit after nearby residents pushed for and got a ballot initiative that ultimately rezoned the company’s 182-acre property from industrial and manufacturing to agricultural.
The report notes that the village approved an emergency ordinance on Monday that grants Massillon Materials a conditional-use permit, now allowing the company to use the property for sand and gravel operations.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Take a virtual tour of Unimin's underground operation in Guion, Ark.2392 Views
- Quarry blast leaves huge holes in nearby home914 Views
- When gravel doesn't bond with resurfacing substance...574 Views
- How to become a more productive worker314 Views
- PHOTOS: Check out the fun of Fertile Days at Fertile Quarry303 Views