Massillon Materials, Bolivar resolve $5 million suit with new agreement
Massillon Materials and the village of Bolivar, Ohio have entered into a new agreement, resolving a $5 million lawsuit, The (Massillon) Independent reports.
The sand and gravel company filed the lawsuit after nearby residents pushed for and got a ballot initiative that ultimately rezoned the company’s 182-acre property from industrial and manufacturing to agricultural.
The report notes that the village approved an emergency ordinance on Monday that grants Massillon Materials a conditional-use permit, now allowing the company to use the property for sand and gravel operations.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Worker airlifted to hospital after accident with rock crusher507 Views
- Unexpected sand and gravel causes rollover accident353 Views
- Eliminate the fat and increase profits through lean processing184 Views
- Buffalo Crushed Stone cited for pollution183 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: A look at who’s in and who’s out in next Congress156 Views