Massillon Materials, Bolivar resolve $5 million suit with new agreement
Massillon Materials and the village of Bolivar, Ohio have entered into a new agreement, resolving a $5 million lawsuit, The (Massillon) Independent reports.
The sand and gravel company filed the lawsuit after nearby residents pushed for and got a ballot initiative that ultimately rezoned the company’s 182-acre property from industrial and manufacturing to agricultural.
The report notes that the village approved an emergency ordinance on Monday that grants Massillon Materials a conditional-use permit, now allowing the company to use the property for sand and gravel operations.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Worker airlifted to hospital after accident with rock crusher524 Views
- Cat rolls out its 6020B hydraulic shovel, matches 777G haul trucks360 Views
- Unexpected sand and gravel causes rollover accident343 Views
- Eliminate the fat and increase profits through lean processing152 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: A look at who’s in and who’s out in next Congress149 Views