Massillon Materials, Bolivar resolve $5 million suit with new agreement
Massillon Materials and the village of Bolivar, Ohio have entered into a new agreement, resolving a $5 million lawsuit, The (Massillon) Independent reports.
The sand and gravel company filed the lawsuit after nearby residents pushed for and got a ballot initiative that ultimately rezoned the company’s 182-acre property from industrial and manufacturing to agricultural.
The report notes that the village approved an emergency ordinance on Monday that grants Massillon Materials a conditional-use permit, now allowing the company to use the property for sand and gravel operations.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs718 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries284 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law222 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding217 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs202 Views