Max Baucus approaches retirement from Senate
Senator Max Baucus (D-MT) will not seek reelection in 2014, our sister publication, Better Roads, reported.
Baucus, who also serves as chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, has worked on transportation legislation like funding and the Highway Investment, Job Creation and Economic Growth Act of 2012.
Baucus has been the top Democrat on Finance since 2001, a member of Congress since 1975 and a Senator since 1978.
Some Democrats said Baucus’ decision to retire was based on personal considerations, namely his age. If he were to run again, he would be nearly 80 years old at the end of another term.
Democratic strategists said former Governor Brian Schweitzer (D) may run for the open seat.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Man hit by front-end loader dies in quarry accident1298 Views
- PHOTOS: Rare prehistoric mammoth found at sand and gravel pit1048 Views
- What should be done with this big pile of sand?695 Views
- Watch this: Dredging at Teichert's Hallwood Plant533 Views
- North America sand market to see big growth486 Views