Max Baucus approaches retirement from Senate
Senator Max Baucus (D-MT) will not seek reelection in 2014, our sister publication, Better Roads, reported.
Baucus, who also serves as chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, has worked on transportation legislation like funding and the Highway Investment, Job Creation and Economic Growth Act of 2012.
Baucus has been the top Democrat on Finance since 2001, a member of Congress since 1975 and a Senator since 1978.
Some Democrats said Baucus’ decision to retire was based on personal considerations, namely his age. If he were to run again, he would be nearly 80 years old at the end of another term.
Democratic strategists said former Governor Brian Schweitzer (D) may run for the open seat.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Osama bin Laden's family buys famous marble quarry1960 Views
- Vulcan in bidding war with USC818 Views
- 15 quarry trespassers arrested in Pennsylvania528 Views
- VIDEO: Worker dangles from excavator hammer 100 feet up459 Views
- VIDEO: Excavator water skiing the best way to cool off, get hurt in a mudhole317 Views