Max Baucus approaches retirement from Senate
Senator Max Baucus (D-MT) will not seek reelection in 2014, our sister publication, Better Roads, reported.
Baucus, who also serves as chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, has worked on transportation legislation like funding and the Highway Investment, Job Creation and Economic Growth Act of 2012.
Baucus has been the top Democrat on Finance since 2001, a member of Congress since 1975 and a Senator since 1978.
Some Democrats said Baucus’ decision to retire was based on personal considerations, namely his age. If he were to run again, he would be nearly 80 years old at the end of another term.
Democratic strategists said former Governor Brian Schweitzer (D) may run for the open seat.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Worker airlifted to hospital after accident with rock crusher499 Views
- Unexpected sand and gravel causes rollover accident345 Views
- Buffalo Crushed Stone cited for pollution176 Views
- Eliminate the fat and increase profits through lean processing170 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: A look at who’s in and who’s out in next Congress151 Views