Max Baucus approaches retirement from Senate
Senator Max Baucus (D-MT) will not seek reelection in 2014, our sister publication, Better Roads, reported.
Baucus, who also serves as chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, has worked on transportation legislation like funding and the Highway Investment, Job Creation and Economic Growth Act of 2012.
Baucus has been the top Democrat on Finance since 2001, a member of Congress since 1975 and a Senator since 1978.
Some Democrats said Baucus’ decision to retire was based on personal considerations, namely his age. If he were to run again, he would be nearly 80 years old at the end of another term.
Democratic strategists said former Governor Brian Schweitzer (D) may run for the open seat.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry745 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets539 Views
- Caterpillar full-year earnings dip with bad 4Q; 2015 doesn't look good either248 Views
- More sand coming to Carlsbad beaches192 Views
- Sales manager killed at sand and gravel plant138 Views