Max Baucus approaches retirement from Senate
Senator Max Baucus (D-MT) will not seek reelection in 2014, our sister publication, Better Roads, reported.
Baucus, who also serves as chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, has worked on transportation legislation like funding and the Highway Investment, Job Creation and Economic Growth Act of 2012.
Baucus has been the top Democrat on Finance since 2001, a member of Congress since 1975 and a Senator since 1978.
Some Democrats said Baucus’ decision to retire was based on personal considerations, namely his age. If he were to run again, he would be nearly 80 years old at the end of another term.
Democratic strategists said former Governor Brian Schweitzer (D) may run for the open seat.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 850 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life409 Views
- Martin Marietta gives thousands to charity during the holidays188 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts164 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning150 Views