McLanahan acquires Universal Engineering
Crusher manufacturer McLanahan Corp. has acquired Universal Engineering Corp. of Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
McLanahan has been involved in crushing materials, with a focus on crushing soft minerals using roll crushers, feeder breakers and rotary breakers to process minerals such as coal, salt and trona. The Universal acquisition adds hard rock crushing and apron, pan and wobbler feeders to the company’s lines of products.
McLanahan says that Universal products complement McLanahan’s existing lines and add a new dimension to the dynamics of the company.
“It is our hope to grow the sales of Universal equipment around the world,” said George Sidney, McLanahan president and COO, in a written statement.
McLanahan Corp. designs and manufactures heavy-duty equipment, including
processing and sampling equipment for the mineral and aggregate industries and
manure management systems for the dairy industry.
McLanahan also manufactures polymer wear parts and provides complete foundry and machining services. Founded in 1835, McLanahan is now in its sixth generation of family ownership and operation.
Headquartered in Hollidaysburg, Pa., McLanahan has locations throughout the United States and in the United Kingdom and Australia.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana1147 Views
- A quarry worker was found dead in a lake a week after he fell from a floating dredge1043 Views
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program546 Views
- Senate DRIVE Act is a six-year transportation bill with three-year Highway Trust Fund financing guarantee289 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents218 Views