Metso forms a new screening and conveying division
On March 19, Metso announced the formation of its new Screening and Conveying Solutions division. The new unit is headed by Director of Sales Support David Quail. “We have an unmatched range of products in North America,” he says. Components, synthetic media, wire media, and lining solutions will be distributed by regional quarry supply operations around the United States.
The company plans to continue to invest in research and development, Quail adds, noting that he expects to see a new line of product offerings.
Adrian Quigg, vice president, distribution sales, Americas, noted that Metso will continue to make acquisitions and invest in R&D to round out its product offering. “We’re more than a crusher manufacturer,” he said.
The company grew throughout 2012, Quigg says, with net sales increasing 13 percent, and mining and construction sales of 3.5 billion Euros. Part of that growth, he says, is based on the company’s top priority: service.
“Customers expect to see products available from the supplier, and we’ve responded to that,” Quigg says of the Metso’s investment in parts inventory. “I think that the focus on services is one of the reasons why we grew in 2012.”
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Check out this drone footage of the Atlanta quarry where 'The Walking Dead' was filmed (VIDEO)414 Views
- Rogers Group's Pottsville Quarry reaches for the stars305 Views
- Quarry Quest is returning to Michels Materials Quarry in Wisconsin for a 17th year (VIDEO)289 Views
- Caterpillar to lay off another 475 employees261 Views
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter204 Views