Metso forms a new screening and conveying division
On March 19, Metso announced the formation of its new Screening and Conveying Solutions division. The new unit is headed by Director of Sales Support David Quail. “We have an unmatched range of products in North America,” he says. Components, synthetic media, wire media, and lining solutions will be distributed by regional quarry supply operations around the United States.
The company plans to continue to invest in research and development, Quail adds, noting that he expects to see a new line of product offerings.
Adrian Quigg, vice president, distribution sales, Americas, noted that Metso will continue to make acquisitions and invest in R&D to round out its product offering. “We’re more than a crusher manufacturer,” he said.
The company grew throughout 2012, Quigg says, with net sales increasing 13 percent, and mining and construction sales of 3.5 billion Euros. Part of that growth, he says, is based on the company’s top priority: service.
“Customers expect to see products available from the supplier, and we’ve responded to that,” Quigg says of the Metso’s investment in parts inventory. “I think that the focus on services is one of the reasons why we grew in 2012.”
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve514 Views
- North Carolina grants Martin Marietta water quality certification for limestone quarry249 Views
- Road restrictions may stop quarry construction in Kentucky208 Views
- Vulcan shareholders reject board changes at annual meeting189 Views
- Vulcan-blocking bill dies in Alabama legislature188 Views