Metso forms a new screening and conveying division
On March 19, Metso announced the formation of its new Screening and Conveying Solutions division. The new unit is headed by Director of Sales Support David Quail. “We have an unmatched range of products in North America,” he says. Components, synthetic media, wire media, and lining solutions will be distributed by regional quarry supply operations around the United States.
The company plans to continue to invest in research and development, Quail adds, noting that he expects to see a new line of product offerings.
Adrian Quigg, vice president, distribution sales, Americas, noted that Metso will continue to make acquisitions and invest in R&D to round out its product offering. “We’re more than a crusher manufacturer,” he said.
The company grew throughout 2012, Quigg says, with net sales increasing 13 percent, and mining and construction sales of 3.5 billion Euros. Part of that growth, he says, is based on the company’s top priority: service.
“Customers expect to see products available from the supplier, and we’ve responded to that,” Quigg says of the Metso’s investment in parts inventory. “I think that the focus on services is one of the reasons why we grew in 2012.”
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers294 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger144 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park144 Views