Metso forms a new screening and conveying division
On March 19, Metso announced the formation of its new Screening and Conveying Solutions division. The new unit is headed by Director of Sales Support David Quail. “We have an unmatched range of products in North America,” he says. Components, synthetic media, wire media, and lining solutions will be distributed by regional quarry supply operations around the United States.
The company plans to continue to invest in research and development, Quail adds, noting that he expects to see a new line of product offerings.
Adrian Quigg, vice president, distribution sales, Americas, noted that Metso will continue to make acquisitions and invest in R&D to round out its product offering. “We’re more than a crusher manufacturer,” he said.
The company grew throughout 2012, Quigg says, with net sales increasing 13 percent, and mining and construction sales of 3.5 billion Euros. Part of that growth, he says, is based on the company’s top priority: service.
“Customers expect to see products available from the supplier, and we’ve responded to that,” Quigg says of the Metso’s investment in parts inventory. “I think that the focus on services is one of the reasons why we grew in 2012.”
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program605 Views
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana421 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas397 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents293 Views
- Lafarge NA sells $450 million in assets to Summit Materials232 Views