Metso to supply bulk materials handling equipment to Hamersley Iron Pty Ltd. in Australia
Metso will supply a tandem rotary railcar dumper to Hamersley Iron Pty. Ltd. in Australia. The equipment will be delivered to Hamersley Iron’s Cape Lambert, Port B iron ore operation in North Western Australia. The value of the order will not be disclosed. The order also includes spare parts, technical assistance during installation, pre-commissioning, commissioning, and performance testing.
The design of the equipment allows for lower maintenance and higher, more efficient material output flow. Ease and safety of maintenance is also improved through a reduction of overall components.
This is the second equipment of this kind delivered to Hamersley Iron for this project. The previous equipment was delivered in 2011. The design of the equipment was achieved by working closely with Rio Tinto and the engineering team of this project.
“One of Metso’s commitments moving forward is to work together with our customers in partnership so that we achieve the best outcome, and we look forward to supporting Rio Tinto on this project,” Max Wijasuriya, Metso vice president of capital equipment for Australia and New Zealand, said in a written statement.
Delivery is scheduled for the second quarter of 2013. The order has been included in mining and construction first quarter 2012 orders received.
MORE FROM Aggman Newsletter
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve522 Views
- North Carolina grants Martin Marietta water quality certification for limestone quarry258 Views
- Vulcan-blocking bill dies in Alabama legislature251 Views
- Road restrictions may stop quarry construction in Kentucky221 Views
- Two suspects charged with arson in Jack’s Mountain Quarry case in Virginia128 Views