Metso to supply bulk materials handling equipment to Hamersley Iron Pty Ltd. in Australia
Metso will supply a tandem rotary railcar dumper to Hamersley Iron Pty. Ltd. in Australia. The equipment will be delivered to Hamersley Iron’s Cape Lambert, Port B iron ore operation in North Western Australia. The value of the order will not be disclosed. The order also includes spare parts, technical assistance during installation, pre-commissioning, commissioning, and performance testing.
The design of the equipment allows for lower maintenance and higher, more efficient material output flow. Ease and safety of maintenance is also improved through a reduction of overall components.
This is the second equipment of this kind delivered to Hamersley Iron for this project. The previous equipment was delivered in 2011. The design of the equipment was achieved by working closely with Rio Tinto and the engineering team of this project.
“One of Metso’s commitments moving forward is to work together with our customers in partnership so that we achieve the best outcome, and we look forward to supporting Rio Tinto on this project,” Max Wijasuriya, Metso vice president of capital equipment for Australia and New Zealand, said in a written statement.
Delivery is scheduled for the second quarter of 2013. The order has been included in mining and construction first quarter 2012 orders received.
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs724 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries289 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law224 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding220 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs204 Views