Metso to supply railcar dumper technology to Westshore Terminals Limited Partnership
Metso will supply railcar dumper technology to Westshore Terminals Limited Partnership, which operates a coal storage and loading terminal located at Roberts Bank, Delta, British Columbia, Canada. The terminal is the largest coal export facility and the largest dry bulk terminal on the west coast of the Americas. The value of the order will not be disclosed.
Metso’s delivery includes equipment for railcar unloading lines. Metso will provide three new 240 kip wire rope positioners, and a new rotary railcar dumper and a replacement rotary railcar dumper, both to include all new hoppers, feeders, and gates. The contract comprises the design, supply, installation, and commissioning of all equipment.
“What makes the project special for us is that this will be the first Gemini positioner system with positioners on both the exit and entrance ends of the dumper. In this way the system can automatically index trains with mid-train locomotives. Each line will be able to handle 64 cars per hour,” Tim Sexton, manager of product support for Metso, says in a press release.
Metso’s delivery will be completed during 2012. The order is included in Mining and Construction Technology’s third quarter 2011 orders received.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry612 Views
- A Game of Stones: Quarry set location of 'The Wall' in HBO show could become a permanent attraction521 Views
- A miner was seriously injured after a metal walkway gave way398 Views
- Summit Materials acquires Utah construction materials company386 Views
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter376 Views