Mettler Toledo: High-tech truck scales
Mettler Toledo says its new VTS101 and VTC101 truck scales use a Powercell PDX load cell technology that eliminates the typical maintenance, repair costs, and downtime related to conventional vehicle scales.
The VTS101 consists of a steel deck supported by orthotropic ribs that are sealed from the elements by automated continuous welds. The VTC101 draws on the strengths of both a concrete driving surface and a steel orthotropic understructure, thereby eliminating voids in the deck that occur when pouring concrete around I-beam flanges and sharp corners.
The company says the Powercell PDX load cell provides predictive diagnostics, including automatic notification of weighing errors, overloading, environmental conditions, network health, load cell voltages, and enclosure integrity, without the need for maintenance-prone external converter boxes.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person737 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines389 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger385 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)343 Views
- Lafarge, Holcim announce job cuts ahead of merger235 Views