Mettler Toledo: High-tech truck scales
Mettler Toledo says its new VTS101 and VTC101 truck scales use a Powercell PDX load cell technology that eliminates the typical maintenance, repair costs, and downtime related to conventional vehicle scales.
The VTS101 consists of a steel deck supported by orthotropic ribs that are sealed from the elements by automated continuous welds. The VTC101 draws on the strengths of both a concrete driving surface and a steel orthotropic understructure, thereby eliminating voids in the deck that occur when pouring concrete around I-beam flanges and sharp corners.
The company says the Powercell PDX load cell provides predictive diagnostics, including automatic notification of weighing errors, overloading, environmental conditions, network health, load cell voltages, and enclosure integrity, without the need for maintenance-prone external converter boxes.
From our partners
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Caterpillar mining VP retires amid leadership shakeup1086 Views
- U.S. Concrete purchases a New Jersey aggregate operation363 Views
- Thieves derail train in Mexico to steal 70 tons of cement324 Views
- MSHA gives out $8.4 million to 47 states for mine safety and health training317 Views
- Four contractors compete for $1.1 billion I-285/GA 400 interchange project in Atlanta262 Views