Mettler Toledo: High-tech truck scales
Mettler Toledo says its new VTS101 and VTC101 truck scales use a Powercell PDX load cell technology that eliminates the typical maintenance, repair costs, and downtime related to conventional vehicle scales.
The VTS101 consists of a steel deck supported by orthotropic ribs that are sealed from the elements by automated continuous welds. The VTC101 draws on the strengths of both a concrete driving surface and a steel orthotropic understructure, thereby eliminating voids in the deck that occur when pouring concrete around I-beam flanges and sharp corners.
The company says the Powercell PDX load cell provides predictive diagnostics, including automatic notification of weighing errors, overloading, environmental conditions, network health, load cell voltages, and enclosure integrity, without the need for maintenance-prone external converter boxes.
From our partners
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry344 Views
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers269 Views
- Kingsteps Quarry in Scotland will be examined for the remains of World War II planes222 Views
- Holcim and Lafarge nominate candidates for merged company’s board of directors199 Views
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar: Modern Earthmoving Marvels traces equipment evolution166 Views