Mica, House transportation leaders to roll out transportation reauthorization proposal
House Transportation Committee Chairman John L. Mica (R-Fla.) and Committee leaders will roll out a comprehensive, multi-year transportation reauthorization proposal on July 7.
“The initiative will not only reauthorize and reform the nation’s federal highway, transit, and highway safety programs, but will also make significant improvements to passenger and freight rail programs, and maritime and waterborne transportation policy,” according to a written media statement released from Mica’s office on July 6.
“This fiscally responsible, multi-modal proposal will streamline federal programs, cut red tape and the bureaucratic project process, better leverage our federal resources, make wise investments in our infrastructure, and provide the long-term predictability that states need to undertake major construction projects,” the statement continued.
Mica and other Committee leaders will unveil this proposal via live Webcast and teleconference from Washington on July 7, beginning at 11 a.m. (ET).
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- What to expect at the 2014 ConExpo-Con/Agg show256 Views
- Follow these best practices for safe crushing operations254 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Atlas Copco’s bucket crushers243 Views
- Komatsu's WA1200-6 wheel loader offers more horsepower, lower costs187 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Caterpillar’s 988K wheel loader172 Views