Mica, House transportation leaders to roll out transportation reauthorization proposal
House Transportation Committee Chairman John L. Mica (R-Fla.) and Committee leaders will roll out a comprehensive, multi-year transportation reauthorization proposal on July 7.
“The initiative will not only reauthorize and reform the nation’s federal highway, transit, and highway safety programs, but will also make significant improvements to passenger and freight rail programs, and maritime and waterborne transportation policy,” according to a written media statement released from Mica’s office on July 6.
“This fiscally responsible, multi-modal proposal will streamline federal programs, cut red tape and the bureaucratic project process, better leverage our federal resources, make wise investments in our infrastructure, and provide the long-term predictability that states need to undertake major construction projects,” the statement continued.
Mica and other Committee leaders will unveil this proposal via live Webcast and teleconference from Washington on July 7, beginning at 11 a.m. (ET).
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs692 Views
- Caterpillar lays off hundreds more, announces plant closing in North Carolina365 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries255 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law217 Views
- Cat 6015B hydraulic shovel offers increased power, more loading capacity215 Views