Mica, House transportation leaders to roll out transportation reauthorization proposal
House Transportation Committee Chairman John L. Mica (R-Fla.) and Committee leaders will roll out a comprehensive, multi-year transportation reauthorization proposal on July 7.
“The initiative will not only reauthorize and reform the nation’s federal highway, transit, and highway safety programs, but will also make significant improvements to passenger and freight rail programs, and maritime and waterborne transportation policy,” according to a written media statement released from Mica’s office on July 6.
“This fiscally responsible, multi-modal proposal will streamline federal programs, cut red tape and the bureaucratic project process, better leverage our federal resources, make wise investments in our infrastructure, and provide the long-term predictability that states need to undertake major construction projects,” the statement continued.
Mica and other Committee leaders will unveil this proposal via live Webcast and teleconference from Washington on July 7, beginning at 11 a.m. (ET).
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry739 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets554 Views
- MSHA files more discrimination complaints in 2014 than any other year313 Views
- Caterpillar full-year earnings dip with bad 4Q; 2015 doesn't look good either280 Views
- A. Colarusso and Son acquires Holcim land in NY136 Views