Mica, House transportation leaders to roll out transportation reauthorization proposal
House Transportation Committee Chairman John L. Mica (R-Fla.) and Committee leaders will roll out a comprehensive, multi-year transportation reauthorization proposal on July 7.
“The initiative will not only reauthorize and reform the nation’s federal highway, transit, and highway safety programs, but will also make significant improvements to passenger and freight rail programs, and maritime and waterborne transportation policy,” according to a written media statement released from Mica’s office on July 6.
“This fiscally responsible, multi-modal proposal will streamline federal programs, cut red tape and the bureaucratic project process, better leverage our federal resources, make wise investments in our infrastructure, and provide the long-term predictability that states need to undertake major construction projects,” the statement continued.
Mica and other Committee leaders will unveil this proposal via live Webcast and teleconference from Washington on July 7, beginning at 11 a.m. (ET).
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Caterpillar mining VP retires amid leadership shakeup1088 Views
- U.S. Concrete purchases a New Jersey aggregate operation375 Views
- Thieves derail train in Mexico to steal 70 tons of cement329 Views
- MSHA gives out $8.4 million to 47 states for mine safety and health training316 Views
- Four contractors compete for $1.1 billion I-285/GA 400 interchange project in Atlanta278 Views