Mica, House transportation leaders to roll out transportation reauthorization proposal
House Transportation Committee Chairman John L. Mica (R-Fla.) and Committee leaders will roll out a comprehensive, multi-year transportation reauthorization proposal on July 7.
“The initiative will not only reauthorize and reform the nation’s federal highway, transit, and highway safety programs, but will also make significant improvements to passenger and freight rail programs, and maritime and waterborne transportation policy,” according to a written media statement released from Mica’s office on July 6.
“This fiscally responsible, multi-modal proposal will streamline federal programs, cut red tape and the bureaucratic project process, better leverage our federal resources, make wise investments in our infrastructure, and provide the long-term predictability that states need to undertake major construction projects,” the statement continued.
Mica and other Committee leaders will unveil this proposal via live Webcast and teleconference from Washington on July 7, beginning at 11 a.m. (ET).
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry594 Views
- A Game of Stones: Quarry set location of 'The Wall' in HBO show could become a permanent attraction502 Views
- The nation’s top 25 crushed stone producers420 Views
- A miner was seriously injured after a metal walkway gave way394 Views
- Summit Materials acquires Utah construction materials company384 Views