Mica, Rahall and Ribble to speak at the TCC Fly-In
House Transportation & Infrastructure Committee Chairman John Mica (R-Fla.), Ranking Member Nick J. Rahall (D-W.Va.), and freshman Reid Ribble (R-Wis.) will share their perspectives May 30 on the pending surface transportation reauthorization bill during the 2012 Transportation Construction Coalition (TCC) Washington, D.C., “fly-in.” All three are members of the highway/transit bill conference committee.
More than 400 transportation construction industry executives — including contractors, engineers, traffic safety professionals, manufacturers, suppliers, public officials and union members — are expected to descend on Capitol Hill as part of May 30-31 annual TCC event, according to the American Road & Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA). They will meet with members of Congress and their staffs to urge final support of the overdue transportation bill.
The details on the TCC Fly-In are as follows:
WHO: Rep. John Mica (R-Fla.)
Rep. Nick J. Rahall (D-W.Va.)
Rep. Reid Ribble (R-Wis.)
WHAT: Progress report on the surface transportation bill conference committee negotiations.
WHEN: Rep. Mica: Wednesday, May 30, 2:30 p.m., EST
Rep. Ribble, Wednesday, May 30, 3:30 p.m., EST
Rep. Rahall: Wednesday, May 30, 4:30 p.m., EST
WHERE: The Marriott Metro Center, Grand Ballroom, 775 12th Street, N.W., Washington, D.C.
Source: American Road and Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA)
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: Hlavinka Equipment opens Texas Hlavinda JCB division; Terex Washing Systems appoints new global sales director; Skelly and Loy promotes Aungst to VP of AMS; Luff Industries adds Riddell as territory manager; Caterpillar opens first Data Innovation Lab; Yokohama Tire Corp. will help build eco-friendly playground
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan Materials to meet August deadline for restoring eastern hillside of Azusa rock quarry475 Views
- MSHA issues serious non-fatal accident alert, best practices in response to water truck accident452 Views
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry317 Views
- Excavator explodes into flames after engine malfunction on New York jobsite (VIDEO)279 Views
- Eric Olsen appointed future CEO of Lafarge Holcim merger254 Views