Mica says Dem transportation proposal is ‘sad and disappointing’
Transportation Committee Chairman John L. Mica (R-Fla.) released the following statement July 11 in response to Democrat attacks on an outline presented on July 6 by Committee leaders to reauthorize federal transportation programs:
“It is disappointing and sad that some Democrats have launched a personal and partisan attack on the Republican proposal for a six-year transportation reauthorization.
“The outline responsibly presents how we can dramatically leverage Highway Trust Fund dollars within the current spending rules and restrictions imposed by the House-adopted budget.
“Nearly every proposal detailed in the preliminary outline was adopted with input gathered during bipartisan hearings and meetings across the country. The Committee conducted an unprecedented number of nationwide listening sessions, including hearings in the Ranking Member’s district and a bicameral, bipartisan hearing in Los Angeles, as well as hearings in Washington, D.C.
“Anyone who takes time to evaluate the proposals outlined will realize that they can ensure that even more transportation projects will move forward, the [Highway] Trust Fund will be preserved, and significant job creation over a six-year period will result.
“It is disappointing that some have taken such an unproductive approach to such an important matter, even before participating in preparing final draft language to present as a committee.
“Even though there may be disagreement at this time, for the sake of our nation, we must act in a positive manner to move this legislation forward as soon as possible.”
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person414 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines393 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger376 Views
- Cat introduces larger sizes of its Tier 4 Final articulated trucks360 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)338 Views