Millington Quarry endorsed for site rehabilitation
The Planning Board in Basking Ridge, New Jersey, on March 7 partially endorsed a proposal from Millington Quarry to rehabilitate its Stonehouse Road property for possible residential property in the future, according to the Basking Ridge Patch.
The endorsement follows 18 months of hearings on the plan that calls for creating a 50-acre lake and a meadow area on the site. Millington Quarry wants the property to be available for possible residential use after quarrying at the site ceases.
The plan will go before the Bernards Township Committee, where the committee will decide whether to accept or reject the board’s recommendation. Township Mayor Carolyn Gaziano said the plan will likely go before the committee at its May 28 meeting.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person1037 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger391 Views
- Vulcan Materials conducts blast for the 'Mayan steps' restoration317 Views
- EPA releases final Waters of the U.S. rule, aggregates industry reacts303 Views
- Man dies after nearly 100-foot fall into quarry258 Views