Millington Quarry endorsed for site rehabilitation
The Planning Board in Basking Ridge, New Jersey, on March 7 partially endorsed a proposal from Millington Quarry to rehabilitate its Stonehouse Road property for possible residential property in the future, according to the Basking Ridge Patch.
The endorsement follows 18 months of hearings on the plan that calls for creating a 50-acre lake and a meadow area on the site. Millington Quarry wants the property to be available for possible residential use after quarrying at the site ceases.
The plan will go before the Bernards Township Committee, where the committee will decide whether to accept or reject the board’s recommendation. Township Mayor Carolyn Gaziano said the plan will likely go before the committee at its May 28 meeting.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability674 Views
- Vulcan makes several changes to its organizational structure541 Views
- Owner of rock quarry defends himself against park350 Views
- Caterpillar leadership sees changes, heads of mining and dealer support announce retirement 273 Views
- Officials wrongly closed frac sand mine238 Views