Millington Quarry endorsed for site rehabilitation
The Planning Board in Basking Ridge, New Jersey, on March 7 partially endorsed a proposal from Millington Quarry to rehabilitate its Stonehouse Road property for possible residential property in the future, according to the Basking Ridge Patch.
The endorsement follows 18 months of hearings on the plan that calls for creating a 50-acre lake and a meadow area on the site. Millington Quarry wants the property to be available for possible residential use after quarrying at the site ceases.
The plan will go before the Bernards Township Committee, where the committee will decide whether to accept or reject the board’s recommendation. Township Mayor Carolyn Gaziano said the plan will likely go before the committee at its May 28 meeting.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Atlanta turning quarry into one of America's largest reservoirs488 Views
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger440 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources424 Views
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities357 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register354 Views