Mine Safety Award Winners Announced
Green Lake County, Wis.
- U.S. Silica Co. (2010) – 250,203 hours
Wayne County, Mich.
- Imerys (2009 & 2010) – 247,693 hours
Macon County Mines
Macon County, Ga.
- KaMin LLC (2010) – 224,619 hours
Jefferson County, Ga.
- U.S. Silica (2006) – 222,633 hours
Webster County, La.
- U.S. Silica (2003) – 214,810 hours
Madison County, Tenn.
- Premier Silica LLC (2007) – 210,436 hours
(formerly Carmeuse Industrial Sands)
McCulloch County, Texas
“MSHA and IMA-NA strive to help the industry achieve its ultimate goal – sending safe and healthy miners home to their families, every shift, every day,” said Kevin Porterfield, IMA-NA’s General Manager (Talc) of Specialty Minerals, Inc. (Bethlehem, Pa.). “We’re pleased to recognize IMA-NA member companies that have compiled excellent safety records and who serve as examples for other companies.”