Mine worker dies in tragic accident
Co-workers who were present at the time of the accident were not sure why he fell, but they suspect that he suffered from an electric shock. An autopsy report has not yet been released.
When Martin was pulled from the pond he wash’t breathing and was in cardiac arrest. Paramedics had a hard time getting to the scene due to the narrow dirt road leading to the mine. Rescue crews were forced to load their equipment onto a volunteer firefighter’s pickup in order to get to there.
He was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 20151563 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151041 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1013 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production697 Views
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success563 Views