Mine worker dies in tragic accident
Co-workers who were present at the time of the accident were not sure why he fell, but they suspect that he suffered from an electric shock. An autopsy report has not yet been released.
When Martin was pulled from the pond he wash’t breathing and was in cardiac arrest. Paramedics had a hard time getting to the scene due to the narrow dirt road leading to the mine. Rescue crews were forced to load their equipment onto a volunteer firefighter’s pickup in order to get to there.
He was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)1650 Views
- Quarry worker safety is a big deal in the U.S., but not everywhere in the world272 Views
- Opportunities for worker recruitment and retention194 Views
- Caterpillar “Built For It” Trials video: Cat generator powers Lantern Festival in China’s Yuhu Village146 Views
- Minnesota county considers a frac-sand mining ban132 Views