Mine worker dies in tragic accident
Co-workers who were present at the time of the accident were not sure why he fell, but they suspect that he suffered from an electric shock. An autopsy report has not yet been released.
When Martin was pulled from the pond he wash’t breathing and was in cardiac arrest. Paramedics had a hard time getting to the scene due to the narrow dirt road leading to the mine. Rescue crews were forced to load their equipment onto a volunteer firefighter’s pickup in order to get to there.
He was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines390 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger376 Views
- Cat introduces larger sizes of its Tier 4 Final articulated trucks359 Views
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person356 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)333 Views