Mine worker dies in tragic accident
Co-workers who were present at the time of the accident were not sure why he fell, but they suspect that he suffered from an electric shock. An autopsy report has not yet been released.
When Martin was pulled from the pond he wash’t breathing and was in cardiac arrest. Paramedics had a hard time getting to the scene due to the narrow dirt road leading to the mine. Rescue crews were forced to load their equipment onto a volunteer firefighter’s pickup in order to get to there.
He was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs724 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries289 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law224 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding220 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs208 Views