Mine worker dies in tragic accident
Co-workers who were present at the time of the accident were not sure why he fell, but they suspect that he suffered from an electric shock. An autopsy report has not yet been released.
When Martin was pulled from the pond he wash’t breathing and was in cardiac arrest. Paramedics had a hard time getting to the scene due to the narrow dirt road leading to the mine. Rescue crews were forced to load their equipment onto a volunteer firefighter’s pickup in order to get to there.
He was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers363 Views
- Mine pollution hurting fish habitats across America273 Views
- A Christmas Story -- It's a Clinker!163 Views
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 139 Views
- Lehigh Hanson announces 2014 Quarry Life Award winners134 Views