MINExpo coverage: Atlas Copco compressor Tier 4 compliant, handles high air volume at medium pressure
The XAS 1800 JD7 compressor from Atlas Copco, introduced at MINExpo 2012, is designed for applications requiring a very high volume of air at medium pressure and is compliant with Tier 4 EPA emission regulations. The compressor’s exterior has been updated, and it is equipped with the new XC3003 electronic controller. The large display and simple, yet intuitive, design provides ease of use for the operator. With help from the optional FuelXpert, a unique fuel saving system, the engine speed and air inlet valve are electronically regulated to optimize fuel consumption.
The XAS 1800 portable air compressor produces 1800 cfm at 100 psi (7 bar) and 1600 cfm at 150 psi (10 bar). The Atlas Copco Portable Full Feature (PFF) filtration system removes oil aerosol content to 0.01 mg per cubic meter and is able to break particles down to 0.01 micron at the industry’s lowest pressure drop. The aftercooler reduces the compressed air outlet temperature to 25 degrees F over ambient for best results during application.
High-speed, tandem-axle design and forklift slots allow for easy towing and help to lower transportation costs. Safety features include electric brakes that come standard, pressure displays, an emergency stop, and an optional spillage-free frame.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggregates Insider
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)1604 Views
- Hamm, Inc. receives reclamation award354 Views
- Quarry worker safety is a big deal in the U.S., but not everywhere in the world243 Views
- Opportunities for worker recruitment and retention190 Views
- Caterpillar “Built For It” Trials video: Cat generator powers Lantern Festival in China’s Yuhu Village144 Views