MINExpo coverage: Atlas Copco compressor Tier 4 compliant, handles high air volume at medium pressure
The XAS 1800 JD7 compressor from Atlas Copco, introduced at MINExpo 2012, is designed for applications requiring a very high volume of air at medium pressure and is compliant with Tier 4 EPA emission regulations. The compressor’s exterior has been updated, and it is equipped with the new XC3003 electronic controller. The large display and simple, yet intuitive, design provides ease of use for the operator. With help from the optional FuelXpert, a unique fuel saving system, the engine speed and air inlet valve are electronically regulated to optimize fuel consumption.
The XAS 1800 portable air compressor produces 1800 cfm at 100 psi (7 bar) and 1600 cfm at 150 psi (10 bar). The Atlas Copco Portable Full Feature (PFF) filtration system removes oil aerosol content to 0.01 mg per cubic meter and is able to break particles down to 0.01 micron at the industry’s lowest pressure drop. The aftercooler reduces the compressed air outlet temperature to 25 degrees F over ambient for best results during application.
High-speed, tandem-axle design and forklift slots allow for easy towing and help to lower transportation costs. Safety features include electric brakes that come standard, pressure displays, an emergency stop, and an optional spillage-free frame.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggregates Insider
Manufacturer news: Hlavinka Equipment opens Texas Hlavinda JCB division; Terex Washing Systems appoints new global sales director; Skelly and Loy promotes Aungst to VP of AMS; Luff Industries adds Riddell as territory manager; Caterpillar opens first Data Innovation Lab; Yokohama Tire Corp. will help build eco-friendly playground
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan Materials to meet August deadline for restoring eastern hillside of Azusa rock quarry476 Views
- MSHA issues serious non-fatal accident alert, best practices in response to water truck accident452 Views
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry319 Views
- Excavator explodes into flames after engine malfunction on New York jobsite (VIDEO)280 Views
- Eric Olsen appointed future CEO of Lafarge Holcim merger254 Views