Missouri DOT officially opens first U.S. stimulus project
The Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT) will officially open the first U.S. economic recovery act project – the Osage River Bridge at Tuscumbia, Mo. – following a ribbon-cutting ceremony at 10 a.m. on Aug. 16.
MoDOT Interim Director Kevin Keith will oversee the event. Once officials cut the ceremonial ribbon, a parade of vehicles featuring representatives from across the community will cross the new span. A celebration, organized by citizens of Tuscumbia and Miller County, will immediately follow the ribbon-cutting ceremony at Riverside Park.
This new bridge was the first project in the nation to get under way as part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA), more commonly known as the stimulus.
It is eight feet wider than the existing structure and includes shoulders to increase safety. Nearly one-half mile of new roadway was constructed to improve sight distance on the south side of the bridge.
APAC – Kansas City division was awarded the $8.5 million contract to construct the new Osage River Bridge and to eventually demolish the existing structure. The project supported 240 direct, indirect and induced jobs, from employees building the bridge to companies providing concrete, steel and new equipment to local businesses providing fuel, lodging and food.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support179 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park161 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger148 Views
- NSSGA wants everyone to ask their representative to co-sponsor the Regulatory Integrity Protection Act (H.R. 1732) to stop proposed Waters of the U.S. rule119 Views