Mitas’ earthmover tires designed for rocky conditions
“Each off-road surface requires its own specific tread design and functionality,” said Petr Hala, product manager. “Mitas now makes specific tires for machines operating in these demanding conditions, including gravel and rock quarries.” The new ERL/ERD-40 tires feature a large surface area to improve their life. The ERL-50 tread is designed for rocky conditions. “The customer will appreciate the cut resistance of the ERL-50,” Hala adds. All of the ERL/ERD line is radial with a steel-enforced carcass and steel breakers.
“Customers ask for resistance to damage and added value in the tire life through retreading in quarry tyres,” said Andrew Mabin, Mitas’ sales and marketing director. “Mitas has off-road expertise in industrial, agriculture and motorcycle tires.”
The new tires are made in the Czech Republic and are available for sale worldwide. Mitas ERL tires are fit for loader and grader machinery, and ERD tires are for transport vehicles. These include wheel loaders, dozers and graders, dumpers (including articulated) and scrapers.
MORE FROM Aggregates Zone
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs717 Views
- Kelly Bailey named 2015 AggMan of the Year463 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries327 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs216 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding169 Views