Mitas’ earthmover tires designed for rocky conditions
“Each off-road surface requires its own specific tread design and functionality,” said Petr Hala, product manager. “Mitas now makes specific tires for machines operating in these demanding conditions, including gravel and rock quarries.” The new ERL/ERD-40 tires feature a large surface area to improve their life. The ERL-50 tread is designed for rocky conditions. “The customer will appreciate the cut resistance of the ERL-50,” Hala adds. All of the ERL/ERD line is radial with a steel-enforced carcass and steel breakers.
“Customers ask for resistance to damage and added value in the tire life through retreading in quarry tyres,” said Andrew Mabin, Mitas’ sales and marketing director. “Mitas has off-road expertise in industrial, agriculture and motorcycle tires.”
The new tires are made in the Czech Republic and are available for sale worldwide. Mitas ERL tires are fit for loader and grader machinery, and ERD tires are for transport vehicles. These include wheel loaders, dozers and graders, dumpers (including articulated) and scrapers.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Aggregates Zone
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person563 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines393 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger361 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)339 Views
- Lafarge, Holcim announce job cuts ahead of merger231 Views