Mitas’ earthmover tires designed for rocky conditions
“Each off-road surface requires its own specific tread design and functionality,” said Petr Hala, product manager. “Mitas now makes specific tires for machines operating in these demanding conditions, including gravel and rock quarries.” The new ERL/ERD-40 tires feature a large surface area to improve their life. The ERL-50 tread is designed for rocky conditions. “The customer will appreciate the cut resistance of the ERL-50,” Hala adds. All of the ERL/ERD line is radial with a steel-enforced carcass and steel breakers.
“Customers ask for resistance to damage and added value in the tire life through retreading in quarry tyres,” said Andrew Mabin, Mitas’ sales and marketing director. “Mitas has off-road expertise in industrial, agriculture and motorcycle tires.”
The new tires are made in the Czech Republic and are available for sale worldwide. Mitas ERL tires are fit for loader and grader machinery, and ERD tires are for transport vehicles. These include wheel loaders, dozers and graders, dumpers (including articulated) and scrapers.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggregates Zone
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry736 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets508 Views
- Caterpillar full-year earnings dip with bad 4Q; 2015 doesn't look good either255 Views
- Obama wants 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' no mention of gas tax hike229 Views
- Responses to Obama's State of the Union address219 Views