Morgan State University professor honored with ARTBA Research & Education Division Award
Dr. Z. Andrew Farkas, director and professor at the National Transportation Center at Morgan State University, is the 2012 recipient of the American Road & Transportation Builders Association’s (ARTBA) “S.S. Steinberg Award.” It was presented January 23 in Washington, D.C.
The award, named after the founding president ARTBA’s Research and Education Division (RED), annually “recognizes individuals who have made remarkable contributions to the field of transportation education.” Farkas was selected by his peers for his career body of work.
He is a nationally-recognized expert on research and teaching in transportation economics and policy, logistics, systems evaluation, urban transportation, and land use. He has previously been president of both the ARTBA RED and the Council of University Transportation Centers.
Dr. Farkas has served at Morgan State University since 1983, rising from associate professor to professor and then director of the National Center for Transportation Management, Research and Development. He worked as a transportation engineering economist for the U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service and as a research associate in economics for the Georgia Department of Transportation. He received his doctorate from the University of Georgia in 1978.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers293 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger142 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park142 Views