Most obvious job creation generator: Multi-year highway and transit bill
American Road & Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA) Senior Vice President of Communications & Marketing Matt Jeanneret released the following statement regarding Rep. Eric Cantor’s June 10 Memo on the House Calendar & Job Creation:
“House Majority Leader Eric Cantor wins the latest ‘Pothole of the Week Award’ for his June 10 memo ‘Summer Floor Schedule for America’s Job Creators.’
“The U.S. construction industry is reeling with more than 16-percent unemployment, and American businesses and motorists continue traveling on crumbling roads and bridges.
“However, nowhere in his five-page memo does Rep. Cantor even mention the most obvious job creation generator pending before Congress: passage of a multi-year highway and transit bill.
“Several June 13 opinion pieces in “The Washington Post” and the “Wall Street Journal” from the chief executives of GE and American Express, a former U.S. treasury secretary, and a leading national newspaper columnist all reach the same conclusion: new investments in infrastructure will create jobs and boost U.S. competitiveness.
“If Rep. Cantor really wants to be a ‘job creator,’ then he should get to work and lead the charge this summer in passing the 20-month overdue surface transportation authorization bill.”
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Caterpillar closes headquarters of global mining division, moves jobs to different facility789 Views
- Metal and nonmetal mines get a total of 61 citations during August MSHA inspections471 Views
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest390 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company373 Views
- Frac sand 101: What does it take to enter the high-value frac sand market and what does it mean for aggregate producers?326 Views