Most obvious job creation generator: Multi-year highway and transit bill
American Road & Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA) Senior Vice President of Communications & Marketing Matt Jeanneret released the following statement regarding Rep. Eric Cantor’s June 10 Memo on the House Calendar & Job Creation:
“House Majority Leader Eric Cantor wins the latest ‘Pothole of the Week Award’ for his June 10 memo ‘Summer Floor Schedule for America’s Job Creators.’
“The U.S. construction industry is reeling with more than 16-percent unemployment, and American businesses and motorists continue traveling on crumbling roads and bridges.
“However, nowhere in his five-page memo does Rep. Cantor even mention the most obvious job creation generator pending before Congress: passage of a multi-year highway and transit bill.
“Several June 13 opinion pieces in “The Washington Post” and the “Wall Street Journal” from the chief executives of GE and American Express, a former U.S. treasury secretary, and a leading national newspaper columnist all reach the same conclusion: new investments in infrastructure will create jobs and boost U.S. competitiveness.
“If Rep. Cantor really wants to be a ‘job creator,’ then he should get to work and lead the charge this summer in passing the 20-month overdue surface transportation authorization bill.”
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry645 Views
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter434 Views
- MSHA issues 87 citations at six metal/nonmetal mines during July impact inspections272 Views
- Quarry Quest is returning to Michels Materials Quarry in Wisconsin for a 17th year (VIDEO)267 Views
- Caterpillar to lay off another 475 employees249 Views