Most obvious job creation generator: Multi-year highway and transit bill
American Road & Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA) Senior Vice President of Communications & Marketing Matt Jeanneret released the following statement regarding Rep. Eric Cantor’s June 10 Memo on the House Calendar & Job Creation:
“House Majority Leader Eric Cantor wins the latest ‘Pothole of the Week Award’ for his June 10 memo ‘Summer Floor Schedule for America’s Job Creators.’
“The U.S. construction industry is reeling with more than 16-percent unemployment, and American businesses and motorists continue traveling on crumbling roads and bridges.
“However, nowhere in his five-page memo does Rep. Cantor even mention the most obvious job creation generator pending before Congress: passage of a multi-year highway and transit bill.
“Several June 13 opinion pieces in “The Washington Post” and the “Wall Street Journal” from the chief executives of GE and American Express, a former U.S. treasury secretary, and a leading national newspaper columnist all reach the same conclusion: new investments in infrastructure will create jobs and boost U.S. competitiveness.
“If Rep. Cantor really wants to be a ‘job creator,’ then he should get to work and lead the charge this summer in passing the 20-month overdue surface transportation authorization bill.”
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support179 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park163 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger148 Views
- Missouri man arrested for burglary of quarry and gun range113 Views