MSHA begins second phase for pattern of violations reform
Any decision not to place a mine on POV status will be documented, and the mine will be closely monitored for backsliding. Mines that do meet reductions will also be monitored and subject to future potential POV screenings.
A POV panel consisting of personnel from three separate divisions of MSHA will review any questions raised on mitigating factors regarding mines selected for potential POV action. This panel will help ensure consistency of application of both the quantitative and qualitative criteria.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve519 Views
- North Carolina grants Martin Marietta water quality certification for limestone quarry256 Views
- Vulcan-blocking bill dies in Alabama legislature247 Views
- Road restrictions may stop quarry construction in Kentucky212 Views
- Two suspects charged with arson in Jack’s Mountain Quarry case in Virginia126 Views