MSHA co-hosting Mine Rescue Contest June 15-16
The Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA), along with Carmeuse Lime and Stone and the Central Kentucky Mine Rescue Association, will sponsor the 4th annual Southeast Region/Central Kentucky Mine Rescue Contest on June 15 and 16 in Maysville, Ky.
Participating teams are from Kentucky, Wyoming, Montana, New Mexico, Missouri, Tennessee, Georgia, and Kansas.
The competition will consist of several components. In the field competition, five-member teams encounter a mine emergency scenario — such as a mine fire, explosion or roof collapse — and are required to search for and locate missing miners following accurate mine rescue procedures.
In the technician competition, two-person teams must ensure that multi-gas and self-contained breathing apparatuses are in proper working condition. In the first-aid competition, teams must be prepared to deal with medical emergency techniques such as cardiopulmonary resuscitation and control of bleeding, as well as the treatment of physical shock, wounds, burns and musculoskeletal injuries.
WHO: Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA)
Rescue teams from eight states
WHAT: Southeast Region/Central Kentucky Mine Rescue Contest
WHERE: Mason County Schools Athletic Annex
725 Clarks Run Road
Maysville, Ky. 41056
WHEN: June 15 – field competition to begin at 6:30 a.m. EDT
June 16 – first-aid and technician team competitions to begin at 6:30 a.m. EDT
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers293 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission170 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger140 Views
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar: Modern Earthmoving Marvels traces equipment evolution123 Views