MSHA co-hosting Mine Rescue Contest June 15-16
The Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA), along with Carmeuse Lime and Stone and the Central Kentucky Mine Rescue Association, will sponsor the 4th annual Southeast Region/Central Kentucky Mine Rescue Contest on June 15 and 16 in Maysville, Ky.
Participating teams are from Kentucky, Wyoming, Montana, New Mexico, Missouri, Tennessee, Georgia, and Kansas.
The competition will consist of several components. In the field competition, five-member teams encounter a mine emergency scenario — such as a mine fire, explosion or roof collapse — and are required to search for and locate missing miners following accurate mine rescue procedures.
In the technician competition, two-person teams must ensure that multi-gas and self-contained breathing apparatuses are in proper working condition. In the first-aid competition, teams must be prepared to deal with medical emergency techniques such as cardiopulmonary resuscitation and control of bleeding, as well as the treatment of physical shock, wounds, burns and musculoskeletal injuries.
WHO: Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA)
Rescue teams from eight states
WHAT: Southeast Region/Central Kentucky Mine Rescue Contest
WHERE: Mason County Schools Athletic Annex
725 Clarks Run Road
Maysville, Ky. 41056
WHEN: June 15 – field competition to begin at 6:30 a.m. EDT
June 16 – first-aid and technician team competitions to begin at 6:30 a.m. EDT
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest376 Views
- Frac sand 101: What does it take to enter the high-value frac sand market and what does it mean for aggregate producers?335 Views
- MSHA gives out $8.4 million to 47 states for mine safety and health training331 Views
- Metal and nonmetal mines get a total of 61 citations during August MSHA inspections321 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company317 Views