- Aggregates Manager - http://www.aggman.com -
MSHA: Five metal/non-metal miners died in May 2010
Posted By Tina Grady Barbaccia On June 10, 2010 @ 11:36 am In Aggbeat Online | No Comments
The Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) has issued a press briefing that five metal/non-metal miners died in May 2010.
As of June 4, 2010, eight metal/non-metal miners have been killed.
MSHA has listed the injuries to they may be reviewed and discussed to prevent future injuries or deaths.
The details on the fatalities follows:
1. A miner was struck by a drill truck and fatally injured when the truck began to roll after he raised the jacks on the truck.
2. A miner was struck and fatally injured by drill steel that ruptured violently while he was cutting it with a torch.
3. A miner was fatally injured when he entered an energized roller mill without locking it out.
4. A miner was struck and fatally injured by loose material while he was scaling a rib.
5. A miner was fatally injured when he entered a blast area when a misfire shot detonated.
Article printed from Aggregates Manager: http://www.aggman.com
URL to article: http://www.aggman.com/msha-five-metalnon-metal-miners-died-in-may-2010/
URLs in this post:
 press briefing : http://www.msha.gov/alerts/2010MNMFatalities.pdf
Copyright © 2009 Aggregates Manager. All rights reserved.