MSHA issues 43 citations during May impact inspections
The Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) announced Thursday that it issued 43 citations and 17 orders to metal and nonmetal mines during May impact inspections.
Of those, a stone quarry received 24 citations, while a sand and rock mine received 19 citations and 17 orders.
The number of citations issued to metal and nonmetal mines was down compared those issued during April impact inspections.
The agency issued a total of 172 citations and 21 orders to all types of mines in May.
To see MSHA’s Monthly Impact Inspection List for May 2014, click here.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151073 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1031 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production731 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 2015673 Views
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success541 Views