MSHA issues 43 citations during May impact inspections
The Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) announced Thursday that it issued 43 citations and 17 orders to metal and nonmetal mines during May impact inspections.
Of those, a stone quarry received 24 citations, while a sand and rock mine received 19 citations and 17 orders.
The number of citations issued to metal and nonmetal mines was down compared those issued during April impact inspections.
The agency issued a total of 172 citations and 21 orders to all types of mines in May.
To see MSHA’s Monthly Impact Inspection List for May 2014, click here.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- U.S. Concrete purchases a New Jersey aggregate operation385 Views
- Thieves derail train in Mexico to steal 70 tons of cement338 Views
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest335 Views
- MSHA gives out $8.4 million to 47 states for mine safety and health training332 Views
- Four contractors compete for $1.1 billion I-285/GA 400 interchange project in Atlanta290 Views