MSHA issues 43 citations during May impact inspections
The Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) announced Thursday that it issued 43 citations and 17 orders to metal and nonmetal mines during May impact inspections.
Of those, a stone quarry received 24 citations, while a sand and rock mine received 19 citations and 17 orders.
The number of citations issued to metal and nonmetal mines was down compared those issued during April impact inspections.
The agency issued a total of 172 citations and 21 orders to all types of mines in May.
To see MSHA’s Monthly Impact Inspection List for May 2014, click here.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana1163 Views
- A quarry worker was found dead in a lake a week after he fell from a floating dredge1035 Views
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program551 Views
- Senate DRIVE Act is a six-year transportation bill with three-year Highway Trust Fund financing guarantee289 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents232 Views