MSHA issues 43 citations during May impact inspections
The Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) announced Thursday that it issued 43 citations and 17 orders to metal and nonmetal mines during May impact inspections.
Of those, a stone quarry received 24 citations, while a sand and rock mine received 19 citations and 17 orders.
The number of citations issued to metal and nonmetal mines was down compared those issued during April impact inspections.
The agency issued a total of 172 citations and 21 orders to all types of mines in May.
To see MSHA’s Monthly Impact Inspection List for May 2014, click here.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support179 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park155 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger148 Views
- Missouri man arrested for burglary of quarry and gun range113 Views