MSHA issues 43 citations during May impact inspections
The Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) announced Thursday that it issued 43 citations and 17 orders to metal and nonmetal mines during May impact inspections.
Of those, a stone quarry received 24 citations, while a sand and rock mine received 19 citations and 17 orders.
The number of citations issued to metal and nonmetal mines was down compared those issued during April impact inspections.
The agency issued a total of 172 citations and 21 orders to all types of mines in May.
To see MSHA’s Monthly Impact Inspection List for May 2014, click here.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability542 Views
- Owner of rock quarry defends himself against park357 Views
- Video: Behind the scenes with Lego Technic's wheel loader R&D288 Views
- Caterpillar leadership sees changes, heads of mining and dealer support announce retirement 273 Views
- Officials wrongly closed frac sand mine223 Views