MSHA issues 43 citations during May impact inspections
The Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) announced Thursday that it issued 43 citations and 17 orders to metal and nonmetal mines during May impact inspections.
Of those, a stone quarry received 24 citations, while a sand and rock mine received 19 citations and 17 orders.
The number of citations issued to metal and nonmetal mines was down compared those issued during April impact inspections.
The agency issued a total of 172 citations and 21 orders to all types of mines in May.
To see MSHA’s Monthly Impact Inspection List for May 2014, click here.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)1594 Views
- Hamm, Inc. receives reclamation award344 Views
- Brad Powell named IMAA 2014 “Miner of the Year”260 Views
- Opportunities for worker recruitment and retention168 Views
- Minnesota county considers a frac-sand mining ban125 Views