MSHA issues 43 citations during May impact inspections
The Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) announced Thursday that it issued 43 citations and 17 orders to metal and nonmetal mines during May impact inspections.
Of those, a stone quarry received 24 citations, while a sand and rock mine received 19 citations and 17 orders.
The number of citations issued to metal and nonmetal mines was down compared those issued during April impact inspections.
The agency issued a total of 172 citations and 21 orders to all types of mines in May.
To see MSHA’s Monthly Impact Inspection List for May 2014, click here.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 791 Views
- Martin Marietta gives thousands to charity during the holidays188 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts159 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning142 Views
- Attention Congress: Two-thirds of jobs created by transportation investment occur in non-construction sectors121 Views