MSHA issues 43 citations during May impact inspections
The Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) announced Thursday that it issued 43 citations and 17 orders to metal and nonmetal mines during May impact inspections.
Of those, a stone quarry received 24 citations, while a sand and rock mine received 19 citations and 17 orders.
The number of citations issued to metal and nonmetal mines was down compared those issued during April impact inspections.
The agency issued a total of 172 citations and 21 orders to all types of mines in May.
To see MSHA’s Monthly Impact Inspection List for May 2014, click here.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Worker airlifted to hospital after accident with rock crusher526 Views
- Cat rolls out its 6020B hydraulic shovel, matches 777G haul trucks361 Views
- Unexpected sand and gravel causes rollover accident343 Views
- Buffalo Crushed Stone cited for pollution172 Views
- Eliminate the fat and increase profits through lean processing161 Views