MSHA issues 43 citations during May impact inspections
The Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) announced Thursday that it issued 43 citations and 17 orders to metal and nonmetal mines during May impact inspections.
Of those, a stone quarry received 24 citations, while a sand and rock mine received 19 citations and 17 orders.
The number of citations issued to metal and nonmetal mines was down compared those issued during April impact inspections.
The agency issued a total of 172 citations and 21 orders to all types of mines in May.
To see MSHA’s Monthly Impact Inspection List for May 2014, click here.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Rock & Run 2014 was full of fun for everyone621 Views
- Mine expansion leaving MnDOT up a creek without a paddle422 Views
- OSHA cites Nebraska sand and gravel company345 Views
- How to stay safe while working with a small or short-handed crew163 Views
- The Underground World Wide Web: A new use for abandoned mines155 Views