MSHA issues 43 citations during May impact inspections
The Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) announced Thursday that it issued 43 citations and 17 orders to metal and nonmetal mines during May impact inspections.
Of those, a stone quarry received 24 citations, while a sand and rock mine received 19 citations and 17 orders.
The number of citations issued to metal and nonmetal mines was down compared those issued during April impact inspections.
The agency issued a total of 172 citations and 21 orders to all types of mines in May.
To see MSHA’s Monthly Impact Inspection List for May 2014, click here.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger454 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources443 Views
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities401 Views
- Loader operator dies after sand avalanche at Massachusetts sand and gravel company377 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register370 Views