MSHA issues 43 citations during May impact inspections
The Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) announced Thursday that it issued 43 citations and 17 orders to metal and nonmetal mines during May impact inspections.
Of those, a stone quarry received 24 citations, while a sand and rock mine received 19 citations and 17 orders.
The number of citations issued to metal and nonmetal mines was down compared those issued during April impact inspections.
The agency issued a total of 172 citations and 21 orders to all types of mines in May.
To see MSHA’s Monthly Impact Inspection List for May 2014, click here.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs599 Views
- Caterpillar lays off hundreds more, announces plant closing in North Carolina365 Views
- Cat 6015B hydraulic shovel offers increased power, more loading capacity341 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries263 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law216 Views