MSHA issues 43 citations during May impact inspections
The Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) announced Thursday that it issued 43 citations and 17 orders to metal and nonmetal mines during May impact inspections.
Of those, a stone quarry received 24 citations, while a sand and rock mine received 19 citations and 17 orders.
The number of citations issued to metal and nonmetal mines was down compared those issued during April impact inspections.
The agency issued a total of 172 citations and 21 orders to all types of mines in May.
To see MSHA’s Monthly Impact Inspection List for May 2014, click here.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mine worker dies in tragic accident1285 Views
- Quarry workers in Egypt risking life and limbs (PHOTOS)1101 Views
- Update on experienced plant manager killed at Murray Mines1083 Views
- Rare Dinosaur bone found in Colorado quarry876 Views
- VIDEO: Excavator straddles extremely narrow bench, predictably topples over395 Views