MSHA issues 57 citations, 16 orders in December
The Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) announced Wednesday that federal inspectors issued 57 citations and 16 orders during impact inspections conducted at two metal and nonmetal mines in December.
MSHA issued 49 citations and 12 orders to Veris Gold Corp. during inspections at the company’s Jerritt Canyon Mill.
The agency issued 8 citations and 4 orders to BJC Sand and Rock Inc.
For more details about the inspections, click here.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA Alert: Lift Safety377 Views
- Mining industry expected to lose 53% of skilled workers by 2029229 Views
- MSHA offers guidance on submitting corrective action programs196 Views
- Metal/nonmetal mining deaths rise by 27% in 2013178 Views
- Boston’s only quarry could start accepting contaminated construction fill137 Views