MSHA issues 57 citations, 16 orders in December
The Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) announced Wednesday that federal inspectors issued 57 citations and 16 orders during impact inspections conducted at two metal and nonmetal mines in December.
MSHA issued 49 citations and 12 orders to Veris Gold Corp. during inspections at the company’s Jerritt Canyon Mill.
The agency issued 8 citations and 4 orders to BJC Sand and Rock Inc.
For more details about the inspections, click here.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs720 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries286 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law222 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding218 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs202 Views