MSHA issues October alert
The Mine Safety & Health Administration (MSHA) issued a Fatal Alert for October stating that the last 10 years, metal/non-metal mines have experienced more fatal accidents in the month of October than in any other month. The agency recommends focusing on working safely and following these Best Practices:
- Inspect mobile equipment for safety defects and correct before operating.
- Place controls of mobile equipment in park and set the parking brake if leaving it unattended. Chock or turn wheels toward berm or bank when parked on a grade.
- Sound audible warnings before moving mobile equipment.
- Wear seat belts when operating mobile equipment.
- Identify and control hazards before beginning a task.
- Wear fall protection where there is a danger of falling.
- Don’t work or pass under suspended loads.
- Barricade the area and remove all persons from beneath overhead work.
- De-energize, lock, and tag out electrical equipment before performing maintenance or repairs.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person1009 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger388 Views
- Vulcan Materials conducts blast for the 'Mayan steps' restoration300 Views
- Caterpillar unveils the CT680, a rugged work truck wrapped in style (PHOTOS)196 Views
- Lafarge announces rural road solution as a low-cost alternative to asphalt189 Views