MSHA Spring Thaw/State Grants Safety Conference: March 1-2, 2011
Presented by the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) and Illinois Department of Natural Resources-Office of Mines and Minerals (IDNR-OMM), the 20th annual MSHA Spring Thaw/State Grants Safety Conference will be held March 1-2 at Starved Rock Lodge in Utica,Ill.
The conference will cover the following:
- How and when to properly perform and document a workplace exam;
- Comprehensive industrial hygiene sampling program, including MSHA’s new guidance for dust, gas, mist, and fume, as well as noise;
- Lock-out, tag-out, and test best practices;
- MSHA’s priority issues and top 10 cited violations;
- Citation conferencing process; and
- Contractor responsibilities.
Registration begins at noon on March 1 inside the Starved Rock Lodge located east of the intersection of Routes 178 and 71 in Utica, Ill. At 1 p.m. the conference begins with an opening address followed by presentation of IDNR-OMM safety awards for calendar year 2010. The conference will conclude around 3 p.m. on March 2.
The conference is free.
However, attendees that plan to take advantage of the breakfast, lunch, and break refreshments should include a check in the amount of $30 per person to cover these additional expenses.
The registration form and check should be submitted by Feb. 18, 2011.
A limited number of guest rooms are available at the Starved Rock Lodge the night of March 1st at the single occupancy rate of $70 plus tax ($80 double). Call 815-667-4211 to reserve a room for the MSHA Spring Thaw before February 1st to guarantee these rates.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Check out the fun of Fertile Days at Fertile Quarry3103 Views
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Take a virtual tour of Unimin's underground operation in Guion, Ark.2287 Views
- When gravel doesn't bond with resurfacing substance...501 Views
- Sneak peek: Inside Unimin's safety strategies314 Views
- How to become a more productive worker306 Views