MSHA suspends web services during government shutdown
The shutdown has furloughed 800,000 federal employees, according to an ABC News report, and has resulted in the suspension of many non-essential government operations.
Although the administration’s website will not be updated, MSHA is keeping its emergency services available. MSHA noted that workers with emergencies and hazard complaints can call 1-800-746-1553.
Additionally, MSHA noted site visitors can call certain district offices during normal business, including these metal/nonmetal district offices:
South Central District
Rocky Mountain District.
For more details, view the suspension notice at msha.gov.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry612 Views
- A Game of Stones: Quarry set location of 'The Wall' in HBO show could become a permanent attraction516 Views
- A miner was seriously injured after a metal walkway gave way396 Views
- Summit Materials acquires Utah construction materials company384 Views
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter372 Views