MSHA suspends web services during government shutdown
The shutdown has furloughed 800,000 federal employees, according to an ABC News report, and has resulted in the suspension of many non-essential government operations.
Although the administration’s website will not be updated, MSHA is keeping its emergency services available. MSHA noted that workers with emergencies and hazard complaints can call 1-800-746-1553.
Additionally, MSHA noted site visitors can call certain district offices during normal business, including these metal/nonmetal district offices:
South Central District
Rocky Mountain District.
For more details, view the suspension notice at msha.gov.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 884 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life464 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers216 Views
- Martin Marietta gives thousands to charity during the holidays188 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts164 Views