MSHA suspends web services during government shutdown
The shutdown has furloughed 800,000 federal employees, according to an ABC News report, and has resulted in the suspension of many non-essential government operations.
Although the administration’s website will not be updated, MSHA is keeping its emergency services available. MSHA noted that workers with emergencies and hazard complaints can call 1-800-746-1553.
Additionally, MSHA noted site visitors can call certain district offices during normal business, including these metal/nonmetal district offices:
South Central District
Rocky Mountain District.
For more details, view the suspension notice at msha.gov.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Caterpillar closes headquarters of global mining division, moves jobs to different facility1029 Views
- Metal and nonmetal mines get a total of 61 citations during August MSHA inspections494 Views
- Aggregate Industries worker discovers dead body in quarry312 Views
- EPA's WOTUS rule has been put on hold across America276 Views
- Land trust group buys 105-acre quarry from Washington Aggregate company252 Views