MSHA’s April impact inspections result in 58 citations
The Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) announced Thursday that it issued 58 citations and 14 orders to metal and nonmetal mines during April impact inspections.
Of those, a limestone mine received 13 citations, while three other plants mining metals and minerals received a combined total of 45 citations and 14 orders.
The number of citations issued to metal and nonmetal mines more than doubled compared those issued during March impact inspections.
The agency issued a total of 147 citations and 15 orders to all types of mines in April.
To see MSHA’s Monthly Impact Inspection List for February 2014, click here.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Worker airlifted to hospital after accident with rock crusher526 Views
- Cat rolls out its 6020B hydraulic shovel, matches 777G haul trucks364 Views
- Unexpected sand and gravel causes rollover accident344 Views
- Buffalo Crushed Stone cited for pollution174 Views
- Eliminate the fat and increase profits through lean processing165 Views