MSHA’s April impact inspections result in 58 citations
The Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) announced Thursday that it issued 58 citations and 14 orders to metal and nonmetal mines during April impact inspections.
Of those, a limestone mine received 13 citations, while three other plants mining metals and minerals received a combined total of 45 citations and 14 orders.
The number of citations issued to metal and nonmetal mines more than doubled compared those issued during March impact inspections.
The agency issued a total of 147 citations and 15 orders to all types of mines in April.
To see MSHA’s Monthly Impact Inspection List for February 2014, click here.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 892 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life466 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers270 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts167 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning155 Views