MSHA’s April impact inspections result in 58 citations
The Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) announced Thursday that it issued 58 citations and 14 orders to metal and nonmetal mines during April impact inspections.
Of those, a limestone mine received 13 citations, while three other plants mining metals and minerals received a combined total of 45 citations and 14 orders.
The number of citations issued to metal and nonmetal mines more than doubled compared those issued during March impact inspections.
The agency issued a total of 147 citations and 15 orders to all types of mines in April.
To see MSHA’s Monthly Impact Inspection List for February 2014, click here.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry739 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets554 Views
- MSHA files more discrimination complaints in 2014 than any other year312 Views
- Caterpillar full-year earnings dip with bad 4Q; 2015 doesn't look good either280 Views
- A. Colarusso and Son acquires Holcim land in NY136 Views