MSHA’s April impact inspections result in 58 citations
The Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) announced Thursday that it issued 58 citations and 14 orders to metal and nonmetal mines during April impact inspections.
Of those, a limestone mine received 13 citations, while three other plants mining metals and minerals received a combined total of 45 citations and 14 orders.
The number of citations issued to metal and nonmetal mines more than doubled compared those issued during March impact inspections.
The agency issued a total of 147 citations and 15 orders to all types of mines in April.
To see MSHA’s Monthly Impact Inspection List for February 2014, click here.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A truck driver died at a cement plant in Missouri746 Views
- 18-year-old dies after a silo collapsed at a Virginia stone quarry407 Views
- Dolese Bros. spend millions to upgrade another facility in Oklahoma303 Views
- Lafarge NA sells $450 million in assets to Summit Materials271 Views
- A 20-year-old died while swimming in a New York quarry241 Views