NAPA changing website, magazine names
The National Asphalt Pavement Association (NAPA) will change the name of its website and magazine to more accurately reflect current industry practices.
The website name www.hotmix.org will change to www.AsphaltPavement.org effective Oct. 1, when an entirely new look will debut on the website. NAPA’s flagship magazine, HMAT (Hot-Mix Asphalt Technology), will become Asphalt Pavement Magazine beginning with the November-December 2011 issue.
The Board of Directors approved making these changes prior to the 2nd International Warm-Mix Asphalt Conference in St. Louis, Oct. 11-13. According to NAPA, the reasons for the changes include the following:
- We are the National Asphalt Pavement Association, and we market our product through the Asphalt Pavement Alliance. Using the term “asphalt pavement” brings our website and magazine into line with our association names.
- It can be confusing that we advocate for warm-mix asphalt while sometimes referring to ourselves with the hot-mix asphalt label.
- The more inclusive term “asphalt pavement” more accurately reflects the scope of NAPA’s efforts in leadership, education, and advocacy.
The e-mail addresses of all NAPA staff will change when the website name changes. For example, if NAPA had an employee named Mary Jones with an e-mail address of firstname.lastname@example.org, the new address would be email@example.com.
From our partners
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sales manager killed at sand and gravel plant1054 Views
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry629 Views
- Sand and gravel mine cited for 8th time533 Views
- Responses to Obama's State of the Union address223 Views
- Obama wants 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' no mention of gas tax hike209 Views