NAPA changing website, magazine names
The National Asphalt Pavement Association (NAPA) will change the name of its website and magazine to more accurately reflect current industry practices.
The website name www.hotmix.org will change to www.AsphaltPavement.org effective Oct. 1, when an entirely new look will debut on the website. NAPA’s flagship magazine, HMAT (Hot-Mix Asphalt Technology), will become Asphalt Pavement Magazine beginning with the November-December 2011 issue.
The Board of Directors approved making these changes prior to the 2nd International Warm-Mix Asphalt Conference in St. Louis, Oct. 11-13. According to NAPA, the reasons for the changes include the following:
- We are the National Asphalt Pavement Association, and we market our product through the Asphalt Pavement Alliance. Using the term “asphalt pavement” brings our website and magazine into line with our association names.
- It can be confusing that we advocate for warm-mix asphalt while sometimes referring to ourselves with the hot-mix asphalt label.
- The more inclusive term “asphalt pavement” more accurately reflects the scope of NAPA’s efforts in leadership, education, and advocacy.
The e-mail addresses of all NAPA staff will change when the website name changes. For example, if NAPA had an employee named Mary Jones with an e-mail address of email@example.com, the new address would be firstname.lastname@example.org.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Articles
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers294 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger144 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park142 Views