NAPA’s Mid-Year Meeting lineup: Reauthorization and climate change
The National Asphalt Pavement Association (NAPA) announced that the lineup of sessions for its Midyear Meeting will include the latest information about Congress’s progress on the climate change and surface transportation reauthorization bills. The meeting is scheduled for July 26-28, 2010 at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Washington, D.C. The NAPA committee meetings are scheduled to take place as well.
Congress is debating a climate change bill and the surface transportation bill is overdue for reauthorization. In the plenary session, Climate Change, Reauthorization, and the Highway Construction Market, speakers Steve Palmer, Vice President, Van Scoyoc Associates; Nick Goldstein, Assistant General Counsel, American Road & Transportation Builders Association; and Melinda McGrath, deputy executive director and chief engineer of the Mississippi Department of Transportation, will report on what Congress is doing on both the climate change and reauthorization bills so attendees can budget and plan for future construction seasons.
Early registration is open now and discounted registration is available through July 9, 2010. Registration for the NAPA Midyear Meeting and educational program is open to NAPA Members and other industry personnel. More information on the meeting and online registration is available at www.hotmix.org/midyear. Hotel reservations can be made through the NAPA Web site, or by calling the Mandarin Oriental Hotel toll-free at 888-888-1778. Make sure to mention the NAPA Midyear Meeting in order to receive the special rate.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry worker safety is a big deal in the U.S., but not everywhere in the world315 Views
- Historical aggregate landmark disappears into Lake Superior223 Views
- Can John Oliver's stand on U.S. infrastructure do for highway funding what “Last Week Tonight” did for net neutrality? (VIDEO)165 Views
- Caterpillar “Built For It” Trials video: Cat generator powers Lantern Festival in China’s Yuhu Village149 Views
- Telsmith sponsors white paper on permitting144 Views