National Lime and Stone moves closer to annexation into Marion, Ohio
A site owned by National Lime and Stone Co. is one step closer to annexation into the city of Marion, Ohio.
The city council has passed an ordinance that provides fire and police protection, as well as zoning and other city services to the company’s 224-acre site, the Marion Star reports.
This is the second of eight steps toward annexation. The report notes that the city and county must take all steps within 45 days of April 10, when National Lime and Stone submitted its petition.
Company representatives previously said it could mine at the site for about 10 more years, providing gravel that the city and county could use at a lower cost than if it was transported from another city, according to the report.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success625 Views
- Miner seriously injured after articulated haul truck overturned479 Views
- Aggregates industry leader Bob Bartlett dies479 Views
- Obama says now is time to raise gas tax with oil prices plummeting460 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone245 Views