National Lime and Stone moves closer to annexation into Marion, Ohio
A site owned by National Lime and Stone Co. is one step closer to annexation into the city of Marion, Ohio.
The city council has passed an ordinance that provides fire and police protection, as well as zoning and other city services to the company’s 224-acre site, the Marion Star reports.
This is the second of eight steps toward annexation. The report notes that the city and county must take all steps within 45 days of April 10, when National Lime and Stone submitted its petition.
Company representatives previously said it could mine at the site for about 10 more years, providing gravel that the city and county could use at a lower cost than if it was transported from another city, according to the report.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Worker airlifted to hospital after accident with rock crusher526 Views
- Cat rolls out its 6020B hydraulic shovel, matches 777G haul trucks364 Views
- Unexpected sand and gravel causes rollover accident344 Views
- Buffalo Crushed Stone cited for pollution174 Views
- Eliminate the fat and increase profits through lean processing165 Views