National Lime and Stone moves closer to annexation into Marion, Ohio
A site owned by National Lime and Stone Co. is one step closer to annexation into the city of Marion, Ohio.
The city council has passed an ordinance that provides fire and police protection, as well as zoning and other city services to the company’s 224-acre site, the Marion Star reports.
This is the second of eight steps toward annexation. The report notes that the city and county must take all steps within 45 days of April 10, when National Lime and Stone submitted its petition.
Company representatives previously said it could mine at the site for about 10 more years, providing gravel that the city and county could use at a lower cost than if it was transported from another city, according to the report.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)1595 Views
- Hamm, Inc. receives reclamation award344 Views
- Brad Powell named IMAA 2014 “Miner of the Year”262 Views
- Opportunities for worker recruitment and retention175 Views
- Minnesota county considers a frac-sand mining ban127 Views