National Lime and Stone site progresses in annexation to Marion, Ohio
The city council is considering a resolution that would provide fire and police protection, as well as zoning and other city services to a 224-acre site owned by National Lime and Stone, the Marion Star reports.
The report notes that the resolution is the second step toward annexation.
The owners requested in 2012 that the site be annexed and have since received opposition from neighbors who are concerned about the effects of blasting.
According to the report, there are still several steps in the annexation process, and the city intends to hold meetings in which residents can further discuss their concerns.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 891 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life466 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers270 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts167 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning155 Views