National Lime and Stone site progresses in annexation to Marion, Ohio
The city council is considering a resolution that would provide fire and police protection, as well as zoning and other city services to a 224-acre site owned by National Lime and Stone, the Marion Star reports.
The report notes that the resolution is the second step toward annexation.
The owners requested in 2012 that the site be annexed and have since received opposition from neighbors who are concerned about the effects of blasting.
According to the report, there are still several steps in the annexation process, and the city intends to hold meetings in which residents can further discuss their concerns.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- 20-year-old killed at sand and gravel mill783 Views
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability690 Views
- Vulcan makes several changes to its organizational structure559 Views
- Rocker Bob Seger rips Wisconsin mine plan in new song [Audio]554 Views
- Caterpillar leadership sees changes, heads of mining and dealer support announce retirement 265 Views