National Lime and Stone site progresses in annexation to Marion, Ohio
The city council is considering a resolution that would provide fire and police protection, as well as zoning and other city services to a 224-acre site owned by National Lime and Stone, the Marion Star reports.
The report notes that the resolution is the second step toward annexation.
The owners requested in 2012 that the site be annexed and have since received opposition from neighbors who are concerned about the effects of blasting.
According to the report, there are still several steps in the annexation process, and the city intends to hold meetings in which residents can further discuss their concerns.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas423 Views
- Lafarge NA sells $450 million in assets to Summit Materials259 Views
- A 20-year-old died while swimming in a New York quarry241 Views
- NEAR MISS: Miner severely injured after he was electrocuted216 Views
- A judge has reversed the decision to close a rock quarry in Kentucky199 Views