National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association Noise & Dust Workshop
The National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association’s (NSSGA) Noise & Dust workshop – so critical for instructing workers how to accurately measure employee exposure to hazards – will be hosted by Lehigh Hanson at its Irwindale, Calif., facility from Tuesday through Thursday, June 5 – 7.
The workshop is co-sponsored by CalCIMA. At a time in which MSHA is increasing its focus on health standards, it is imperative that operators know how to monitor for, and measure, worker exposures to noise and dust.
The class – consisting of both classroom lecture and in-the-field work to monitor equipment during a shift – will be taught by the Rocky McKinney at the Mine Safety & Health Administration’s (MSHA’s) Mine Academy in Beckley, W.V.
The course includes both academic concepts AND real-world applications to help ensure that students can truly master the complex information that’s imparted.
NSSGA can accept up to 15 registrants. For details and registration information, go to http://www.nssga.org/calendar/safety_2012/.
Also, NSSGA will soon announce a second Noise & Dust workshop to take place early this Fall. Direct questions about the course to Joseph Casper at 703-526-1074 or via e-mail at email@example.com, or questions about registering to Michelle Miller at 703-526-1063 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
From our partners
MORE FROM Event Calendar
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)1604 Views
- Hamm, Inc. receives reclamation award354 Views
- Quarry worker safety is a big deal in the U.S., but not everywhere in the world241 Views
- Opportunities for worker recruitment and retention190 Views
- Caterpillar “Built For It” Trials video: Cat generator powers Lantern Festival in China’s Yuhu Village144 Views