National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association Noise & Dust Workshop
The National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association’s (NSSGA) Noise & Dust workshop – so critical for instructing workers how to accurately measure employee exposure to hazards – will be hosted by Lehigh Hanson at its Irwindale, Calif., facility from Tuesday through Thursday, June 5 – 7.
The workshop is co-sponsored by CalCIMA. At a time in which MSHA is increasing its focus on health standards, it is imperative that operators know how to monitor for, and measure, worker exposures to noise and dust.
The class – consisting of both classroom lecture and in-the-field work to monitor equipment during a shift – will be taught by the Rocky McKinney at the Mine Safety & Health Administration’s (MSHA’s) Mine Academy in Beckley, W.V.
The course includes both academic concepts AND real-world applications to help ensure that students can truly master the complex information that’s imparted.
NSSGA can accept up to 15 registrants. For details and registration information, go to http://www.nssga.org/calendar/safety_2012/.
Also, NSSGA will soon announce a second Noise & Dust workshop to take place early this Fall. Direct questions about the course to Joseph Casper at 703-526-1074 or via e-mail at email@example.com, or questions about registering to Michelle Miller at 703-526-1063 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MORE FROM Event Calendar
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs717 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries326 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs216 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding169 Views
- Transportation funding extended through Dec. 4 as House and Senate work out long-term bill104 Views