National Transportation Week should positively boost global competitiveness, NSSGA says
This year’s National Transportation Week (NTW), which runs from May 14 until May 18, focuses on transportation’s effects on globalization, according to our sister site, Better Roads.
The 2013 NTW theme is “Transportation – The World is Right Next Door.”
The National Stone, Sand and Gravel Association said in a written statement that the theme “should serve as a reminder to all that transportation is a key component in assuring the nation’s economic growth, global competitiveness and freedom of mobility cherished by all Americans.”
The World Economic Forum has ranked the United States’ infrastructure quality as 25th in the world.
NSSGA Chairman of the Board of Directors Ward Nye said the U.S. has a chance to move past its current ranking.
“We have a real opportunity during this Congress to put funding for our nation’s highway system on a sound footing and develop a sustainable plan to improve our roads and highways,” Nye said.
NSSGA President and CEO R. A. Edwards, III, added that the only way the U.S. can move up from that ranking is to maintain and improve the nation’s infrastructure.
“Congress must have a new law in place by the time the current law, MAP-21, expires on Sept. 30, 2014,” Edwards said.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers293 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger142 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park142 Views