Navman Wireless: Calculates, delivers fastest/shortest routes
Navman Wireless has added a route optimization capability to its OnlineAVL2 fleet tracking software through integration with Dashfly’s web-based mapping service.
The new option, available exclusively in the United States, is said to save time, mileage, and fuel by enabling dispatchers to calculate the fastest and shortest driving routes for up to 25 stops with one click and then electronically transmitting the resulting routing information to Navman Wireless’ M-Nav in-vehicle terminals for driver notification and turn-by-turn navigation.
Dispatchers managing delivery, service, construction equipment transport, and other vehicles can save an average of 55 minutes in planning and communicating a typical 10-stop route to drivers by automating the route optimization process as well as eliminating routing-related phone calls, according to Dashfly calculations. Dashfly’s optimized routing also cuts an average of 10 miles, 20 minutes, and $1.50 in fuel for each 10-stop route.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities433 Views
- Loader operator dies after sand avalanche at Massachusetts sand and gravel company407 Views
- A total of 27 states have sued the Obama administration over the new EPA water rule376 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register374 Views
- Location is key for Dolese Bros. Co.'s Davis Quarry345 Views