Navman Wireless: Calculates, delivers fastest/shortest routes
Navman Wireless has added a route optimization capability to its OnlineAVL2 fleet tracking software through integration with Dashfly’s web-based mapping service.
The new option, available exclusively in the United States, is said to save time, mileage, and fuel by enabling dispatchers to calculate the fastest and shortest driving routes for up to 25 stops with one click and then electronically transmitting the resulting routing information to Navman Wireless’ M-Nav in-vehicle terminals for driver notification and turn-by-turn navigation.
Dispatchers managing delivery, service, construction equipment transport, and other vehicles can save an average of 55 minutes in planning and communicating a typical 10-stop route to drivers by automating the route optimization process as well as eliminating routing-related phone calls, according to Dashfly calculations. Dashfly’s optimized routing also cuts an average of 10 miles, 20 minutes, and $1.50 in fuel for each 10-stop route.
From our partners
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Metal and nonmetal mines get a total of 61 citations during August MSHA inspections450 Views
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest388 Views
- Frac sand 101: What does it take to enter the high-value frac sand market and what does it mean for aggregate producers?356 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company355 Views
- Tips for meeting MSHA's tougher criteria for workplace examinations303 Views