Navman Wireless: Calculates, delivers fastest/shortest routes
Navman Wireless has added a route optimization capability to its OnlineAVL2 fleet tracking software through integration with Dashfly’s web-based mapping service.
The new option, available exclusively in the United States, is said to save time, mileage, and fuel by enabling dispatchers to calculate the fastest and shortest driving routes for up to 25 stops with one click and then electronically transmitting the resulting routing information to Navman Wireless’ M-Nav in-vehicle terminals for driver notification and turn-by-turn navigation.
Dispatchers managing delivery, service, construction equipment transport, and other vehicles can save an average of 55 minutes in planning and communicating a typical 10-stop route to drivers by automating the route optimization process as well as eliminating routing-related phone calls, according to Dashfly calculations. Dashfly’s optimized routing also cuts an average of 10 miles, 20 minutes, and $1.50 in fuel for each 10-stop route.
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Cat introduces new track drill431 Views
- Mike Rowe talks about the dirty topic of educating future workers389 Views
- Caterpillar highlights equipment and connectivity at ConExpo-Con/Agg311 Views
- Rod Martin receives AggMan of the Year 2013 Award188 Views
- MSHA Assistant Secretary of Labor Main updates NSSGA on recent agency actions181 Views