Navman Wireless: Calculates, delivers fastest/shortest routes
Navman Wireless has added a route optimization capability to its OnlineAVL2 fleet tracking software through integration with Dashfly’s web-based mapping service.
The new option, available exclusively in the United States, is said to save time, mileage, and fuel by enabling dispatchers to calculate the fastest and shortest driving routes for up to 25 stops with one click and then electronically transmitting the resulting routing information to Navman Wireless’ M-Nav in-vehicle terminals for driver notification and turn-by-turn navigation.
Dispatchers managing delivery, service, construction equipment transport, and other vehicles can save an average of 55 minutes in planning and communicating a typical 10-stop route to drivers by automating the route optimization process as well as eliminating routing-related phone calls, according to Dashfly calculations. Dashfly’s optimized routing also cuts an average of 10 miles, 20 minutes, and $1.50 in fuel for each 10-stop route.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Worker airlifted to hospital after accident with rock crusher507 Views
- Unexpected sand and gravel causes rollover accident352 Views
- Don't drink and drive...that includes your wheel loader!192 Views
- Buffalo Crushed Stone cited for pollution183 Views
- Eliminate the fat and increase profits through lean processing183 Views