Navman Wireless: Calculates, delivers fastest/shortest routes
Navman Wireless has added a route optimization capability to its OnlineAVL2 fleet tracking software through integration with Dashfly’s web-based mapping service.
The new option, available exclusively in the United States, is said to save time, mileage, and fuel by enabling dispatchers to calculate the fastest and shortest driving routes for up to 25 stops with one click and then electronically transmitting the resulting routing information to Navman Wireless’ M-Nav in-vehicle terminals for driver notification and turn-by-turn navigation.
Dispatchers managing delivery, service, construction equipment transport, and other vehicles can save an average of 55 minutes in planning and communicating a typical 10-stop route to drivers by automating the route optimization process as well as eliminating routing-related phone calls, according to Dashfly calculations. Dashfly’s optimized routing also cuts an average of 10 miles, 20 minutes, and $1.50 in fuel for each 10-stop route.
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151073 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1031 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production749 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 2015673 Views
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success541 Views