NCAA’s Jay Stem named 2012 state executive of the year
At the National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association’s (NSSGA) annual honors awards, Jay Stem, executive director of the North Carolina Aggregates Association (NCAA), was recognized as the 2012 State Aggregates Executive of the Year.
The proclamation accompanying the award noted that Stem “was instrumental in recognizing a potential critical national problem with a pavement design software program that underestimated the structural value of aggregates” and worked effectively with TRIP in providing data for its North Carolina state transportation report.
Stem also sought clarification from the U.S. Mine Safety and Health Administration’s North Carolina field office and spearheaded efforts in the state to speak out on behalf of MSHA’s state grants program.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mike Rowe talks about the dirty topic of educating future workers428 Views
- McLanahan Rolls Out Four Key Products226 Views
- Rod Martin receives AggMan of the Year 2013 Award198 Views
- MSHA Assistant Secretary of Labor Main updates NSSGA on recent agency actions194 Views
- NSSGA debuts its new strategic plan172 Views