NCAA’s Jay Stem named 2012 state executive of the year
At the National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association’s (NSSGA) annual honors awards, Jay Stem, executive director of the North Carolina Aggregates Association (NCAA), was recognized as the 2012 State Aggregates Executive of the Year.
The proclamation accompanying the award noted that Stem “was instrumental in recognizing a potential critical national problem with a pavement design software program that underestimated the structural value of aggregates” and worked effectively with TRIP in providing data for its North Carolina state transportation report.
Stem also sought clarification from the U.S. Mine Safety and Health Administration’s North Carolina field office and spearheaded efforts in the state to speak out on behalf of MSHA’s state grants program.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry745 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets540 Views
- Caterpillar full-year earnings dip with bad 4Q; 2015 doesn't look good either280 Views
- MSHA files more discrimination complaints in 2014 than any other year255 Views
- A. Colarusso and Son acquires Holcim land in NY135 Views