NCAA’s Jay Stem named 2012 state executive of the year
At the National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association’s (NSSGA) annual honors awards, Jay Stem, executive director of the North Carolina Aggregates Association (NCAA), was recognized as the 2012 State Aggregates Executive of the Year.
The proclamation accompanying the award noted that Stem “was instrumental in recognizing a potential critical national problem with a pavement design software program that underestimated the structural value of aggregates” and worked effectively with TRIP in providing data for its North Carolina state transportation report.
Stem also sought clarification from the U.S. Mine Safety and Health Administration’s North Carolina field office and spearheaded efforts in the state to speak out on behalf of MSHA’s state grants program.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Check out the fun of Fertile Days at Fertile Quarry3103 Views
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Take a virtual tour of Unimin's underground operation in Guion, Ark.2327 Views
- When gravel doesn't bond with resurfacing substance...545 Views
- How to become a more productive worker312 Views
- Sneak peek: Inside Unimin's safety strategies309 Views