NCAA’s Jay Stem named 2012 state executive of the year
At the National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association’s (NSSGA) annual honors awards, Jay Stem, executive director of the North Carolina Aggregates Association (NCAA), was recognized as the 2012 State Aggregates Executive of the Year.
The proclamation accompanying the award noted that Stem “was instrumental in recognizing a potential critical national problem with a pavement design software program that underestimated the structural value of aggregates” and worked effectively with TRIP in providing data for its North Carolina state transportation report.
Stem also sought clarification from the U.S. Mine Safety and Health Administration’s North Carolina field office and spearheaded efforts in the state to speak out on behalf of MSHA’s state grants program.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Rock & Run 2014 was full of fun for everyone621 Views
- Mine expansion leaving MnDOT up a creek without a paddle422 Views
- How to stay safe while working with a small or short-handed crew167 Views
- The Underground World Wide Web: A new use for abandoned mines155 Views
- Majority of construction firms can't find skilled workers127 Views