NCAA’s Jay Stem named 2012 state executive of the year
At the National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association’s (NSSGA) annual honors awards, Jay Stem, executive director of the North Carolina Aggregates Association (NCAA), was recognized as the 2012 State Aggregates Executive of the Year.
The proclamation accompanying the award noted that Stem “was instrumental in recognizing a potential critical national problem with a pavement design software program that underestimated the structural value of aggregates” and worked effectively with TRIP in providing data for its North Carolina state transportation report.
Stem also sought clarification from the U.S. Mine Safety and Health Administration’s North Carolina field office and spearheaded efforts in the state to speak out on behalf of MSHA’s state grants program.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Follow these best practices for safe crushing operations256 Views
- What to expect at the 2014 ConExpo-Con/Agg show256 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Atlas Copco’s bucket crushers242 Views
- Komatsu's WA1200-6 wheel loader offers more horsepower, lower costs186 Views
- Rare dinosaur skeleton found in quarry sells for more than $544,000165 Views