New ASTM standard proposed for RAP highways base, sub-base
A new ASTM standard is being proposed for recycled asphalt pavement materials for base and sub-base for highways and airports.
The proposed standard (WK26824) — New Specification for Standard Specifications for Recycled Asphalt Pavement Materials for Base or Subbase for Highway or Airports — which is currently in draft form, covers recycled asphalt pavement (RAP), when properly processed and compacted on a prepared grade to appropriate density standards, according to the draft.
According to the proposed standard, the RAP “may be expected to provide adequate stability and load support for use as highway or airport bases or subbases. This standard practice does not purport to address all the safety concerns, if any, associated with its use. It is the responsibility of the user of this standard to establish appropriate safety and health practices and determine the applicability of regulatory limitations prior to use. needed for quality control.”
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mine worker dies in tragic accident1292 Views
- Update on experienced plant manager killed at Murray Mines1112 Views
- Quarry workers in Egypt risking life and limbs (PHOTOS)1090 Views
- Rare Dinosaur bone found in Colorado quarry877 Views
- VIDEO: Excavator straddles extremely narrow bench, predictably topples over367 Views