New ASTM standard proposed for RAP highways base, sub-base
A new ASTM standard is being proposed for recycled asphalt pavement materials for base and sub-base for highways and airports.
The proposed standard (WK26824) — New Specification for Standard Specifications for Recycled Asphalt Pavement Materials for Base or Subbase for Highway or Airports — which is currently in draft form, covers recycled asphalt pavement (RAP), when properly processed and compacted on a prepared grade to appropriate density standards, according to the draft.
According to the proposed standard, the RAP “may be expected to provide adequate stability and load support for use as highway or airport bases or subbases. This standard practice does not purport to address all the safety concerns, if any, associated with its use. It is the responsibility of the user of this standard to establish appropriate safety and health practices and determine the applicability of regulatory limitations prior to use. needed for quality control.”
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: Hlavinka Equipment opens Texas Hlavinda JCB division; Terex Washing Systems appoints new global sales director; Skelly and Loy promotes Aungst to VP of AMS; Luff Industries adds Riddell as territory manager; Caterpillar opens first Data Innovation Lab; Yokohama Tire Corp. will help build eco-friendly playground
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan Materials to meet August deadline for restoring eastern hillside of Azusa rock quarry476 Views
- MSHA issues serious non-fatal accident alert, best practices in response to water truck accident452 Views
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry319 Views
- Excavator explodes into flames after engine malfunction on New York jobsite (VIDEO)280 Views
- Eric Olsen appointed future CEO of Lafarge Holcim merger254 Views