New ASTM standard proposed for RAP highways base, sub-base
A new ASTM standard is being proposed for recycled asphalt pavement materials for base and sub-base for highways and airports.
The proposed standard (WK26824) — New Specification for Standard Specifications for Recycled Asphalt Pavement Materials for Base or Subbase for Highway or Airports — which is currently in draft form, covers recycled asphalt pavement (RAP), when properly processed and compacted on a prepared grade to appropriate density standards, according to the draft.
According to the proposed standard, the RAP “may be expected to provide adequate stability and load support for use as highway or airport bases or subbases. This standard practice does not purport to address all the safety concerns, if any, associated with its use. It is the responsibility of the user of this standard to establish appropriate safety and health practices and determine the applicability of regulatory limitations prior to use. needed for quality control.”
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger454 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources443 Views
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities401 Views
- Loader operator dies after sand avalanche at Massachusetts sand and gravel company378 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register370 Views