New ASTM standard proposed for RAP highways base, sub-base
A new ASTM standard is being proposed for recycled asphalt pavement materials for base and sub-base for highways and airports.
The proposed standard (WK26824) — New Specification for Standard Specifications for Recycled Asphalt Pavement Materials for Base or Subbase for Highway or Airports — which is currently in draft form, covers recycled asphalt pavement (RAP), when properly processed and compacted on a prepared grade to appropriate density standards, according to the draft.
According to the proposed standard, the RAP “may be expected to provide adequate stability and load support for use as highway or airport bases or subbases. This standard practice does not purport to address all the safety concerns, if any, associated with its use. It is the responsibility of the user of this standard to establish appropriate safety and health practices and determine the applicability of regulatory limitations prior to use. needed for quality control.”
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Metal and nonmetal mines get a total of 61 citations during August MSHA inspections451 Views
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest389 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company362 Views
- Frac sand 101: What does it take to enter the high-value frac sand market and what does it mean for aggregate producers?356 Views
- Tips for meeting MSHA's tougher criteria for workplace examinations306 Views