New Hope quarry reaches agreement with Pennsylvania DEP, environmental groups
New Hope Crushed Stone, the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) and two environmental groups reached an agreement last week over a 2011 appeal of the permit for New Hope Crushed Stone’s Solebury, Pennsylvania, quarry, according to PhillyBurbs.com.
The agreement allows the quarry to mine to 170 feet but requires New Hope Crushed Stone to stabilize sinkholes affecting Primrose Creek, maintain the culvert under the PECO right-of-way and monitor the quality of water leaving the quarry.
Primrose Creek Watershed Association and Citizens for Pennsylvania’s Future (PennFuture) were the two environmental groups involved in the settlement.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA Alert: Lift Safety377 Views
- Mining industry expected to lose 53% of skilled workers by 2029225 Views
- MSHA offers guidance on submitting corrective action programs196 Views
- Metal/nonmetal mining deaths rise by 27% in 2013178 Views
- Boston’s only quarry could start accepting contaminated construction fill137 Views