New Hope quarry reaches agreement with Pennsylvania DEP, environmental groups
New Hope Crushed Stone, the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) and two environmental groups reached an agreement last week over a 2011 appeal of the permit for New Hope Crushed Stone’s Solebury, Pennsylvania, quarry, according to PhillyBurbs.com.
The agreement allows the quarry to mine to 170 feet but requires New Hope Crushed Stone to stabilize sinkholes affecting Primrose Creek, maintain the culvert under the PECO right-of-way and monitor the quality of water leaving the quarry.
Primrose Creek Watershed Association and Citizens for Pennsylvania’s Future (PennFuture) were the two environmental groups involved in the settlement.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mike Rowe talks about the dirty topic of educating future workers428 Views
- McLanahan Rolls Out Four Key Products226 Views
- Rod Martin receives AggMan of the Year 2013 Award198 Views
- MSHA Assistant Secretary of Labor Main updates NSSGA on recent agency actions194 Views
- NSSGA debuts its new strategic plan172 Views