New Hope quarry reaches agreement with Pennsylvania DEP, environmental groups
New Hope Crushed Stone, the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) and two environmental groups reached an agreement last week over a 2011 appeal of the permit for New Hope Crushed Stone’s Solebury, Pennsylvania, quarry, according to PhillyBurbs.com.
The agreement allows the quarry to mine to 170 feet but requires New Hope Crushed Stone to stabilize sinkholes affecting Primrose Creek, maintain the culvert under the PECO right-of-way and monitor the quality of water leaving the quarry.
Primrose Creek Watershed Association and Citizens for Pennsylvania’s Future (PennFuture) were the two environmental groups involved in the settlement.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Rock & Run 2014 was full of fun for everyone621 Views
- Mine expansion leaving MnDOT up a creek without a paddle424 Views
- How to stay safe while working with a small or short-handed crew178 Views
- Majority of construction firms can't find skilled workers130 Views
- Sand thieves targeting the world's beaches110 Views