New Jersey quarry transports 1.2 million pounds of sand for sand sculpting championship
Tuckahoe Sand and Gravel last week delivered more than 1.2 million pounds of fine-grade sand to Atlantic City Beach in New Jersey for the World Championship of Sand Sculpting, The Beachcomber News reported.
Seven dump truck transported a total of 28 loads of the sand from the Tuckahoe quarry and across the Atlantic City Boardwalk to the beach for the competition, which will take place June 13-30.
The fine-grade sand was selected for the competition because of its ability to easily stick to itself, allowing for sculptures up to 14 feet tall.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Worker airlifted to hospital after accident with rock crusher525 Views
- Cat rolls out its 6020B hydraulic shovel, matches 777G haul trucks358 Views
- Unexpected sand and gravel causes rollover accident343 Views
- Buffalo Crushed Stone cited for pollution172 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: A look at who’s in and who’s out in next Congress149 Views