New Jersey quarry transports 1.2 million pounds of sand for sand sculpting championship
Tuckahoe Sand and Gravel last week delivered more than 1.2 million pounds of fine-grade sand to Atlantic City Beach in New Jersey for the World Championship of Sand Sculpting, The Beachcomber News reported.
Seven dump truck transported a total of 28 loads of the sand from the Tuckahoe quarry and across the Atlantic City Boardwalk to the beach for the competition, which will take place June 13-30.
The fine-grade sand was selected for the competition because of its ability to easily stick to itself, allowing for sculptures up to 14 feet tall.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA Alert: Electrical Safety360 Views
- What to expect at the 2014 ConExpo-Con/Agg show275 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Caterpillar’s 988K wheel loader199 Views
- Komatsu's WA1200-6 wheel loader offers more horsepower, lower costs176 Views
- Rare dinosaur skeleton found in quarry sells for more than $544,000167 Views