New Jersey quarry transports 1.2 million pounds of sand for sand sculpting championship
Tuckahoe Sand and Gravel last week delivered more than 1.2 million pounds of fine-grade sand to Atlantic City Beach in New Jersey for the World Championship of Sand Sculpting, The Beachcomber News reported.
Seven dump truck transported a total of 28 loads of the sand from the Tuckahoe quarry and across the Atlantic City Boardwalk to the beach for the competition, which will take place June 13-30.
The fine-grade sand was selected for the competition because of its ability to easily stick to itself, allowing for sculptures up to 14 feet tall.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry554 Views
- A Game of Stones: Quarry set location of 'The Wall' in HBO show could become a permanent attraction466 Views
- The nation’s top 25 crushed stone producers408 Views
- Summit Materials acquires Utah construction materials company377 Views
- A miner was seriously injured after a metal walkway gave way305 Views