New Jersey quarry transports 1.2 million pounds of sand for sand sculpting championship
Tuckahoe Sand and Gravel last week delivered more than 1.2 million pounds of fine-grade sand to Atlantic City Beach in New Jersey for the World Championship of Sand Sculpting, The Beachcomber News reported.
Seven dump truck transported a total of 28 loads of the sand from the Tuckahoe quarry and across the Atlantic City Boardwalk to the beach for the competition, which will take place June 13-30.
The fine-grade sand was selected for the competition because of its ability to easily stick to itself, allowing for sculptures up to 14 feet tall.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 897 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life491 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers272 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts167 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning154 Views