New Metro Expo line open between LA and Expo/La Cienega station
Metro’s new Expo Line between downtown Los Angeles and the Expo/La Cienega station opened to the public on April 28. The Culver City station is expected to open this summer. Parsons, in a joint venture (JV) with FCI Constructors and Fluor Enterprises, designed and constructed the 8.6-mile light-rail line.
The award-winning design for the project runs through some of the densest residential neighborhoods in Los Angeles and, ultimately, into Culver City with a variety of cultural and historical sites in the area. Parsons, as the lead designer for the project, provided civil, track, systems, and architectural design for the project. In addition to the transit enhancements provided by the project, the station design, artwork, and specifically landscaping along the projects reflect the neighborhoods in which the rail line will travel by establishing a green “Transit Parkway” as a new public amenity.
The project design also includes improvements to the pedestrian realm and upgrades to existing transport linkages, with a bike path along the length of the project delivering a much-needed multimodal public transportation system that will define the region for decades to come.
When completed, the new light-rail line will have 12 stations with two of them shared with the Metro Blue Line. The new light-rail line will serve the University of Southern California, Exposition Park, the Mid-City communities, the Crenshaw District, and Culver City.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry342 Views
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers263 Views
- Kingsteps Quarry in Scotland will be examined for the remains of World War II planes221 Views
- Holcim and Lafarge nominate candidates for merged company’s board of directors198 Views
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar: Modern Earthmoving Marvels traces equipment evolution166 Views