New York town postpones public hearing date for West Development Partners LLC
Members on the Smithtown Town Board voted last month to postpone the public hearing date for multiple special exception requests that would allow West Development Partners LLC to crush rock, process sand and gravel and manufacture concrete in the New York town, according to a report from the Long Island Newsday.
A resolution at the board’s meeting last month would have set the hearing date as November 21, but board members decided to table the resolution after receiving a memo from town planning director Frank DeRubeis, who expressed concerns about other West Development Partners’ pending zoning applications.
Smithtown Supervisor Patrick Vecchio said officials do not yet know when the hearing will be rescheduled.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger455 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources444 Views
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities402 Views
- Loader operator dies after sand avalanche at Massachusetts sand and gravel company381 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register370 Views