New York town postpones public hearing date for West Development Partners LLC
Members on the Smithtown Town Board voted last month to postpone the public hearing date for multiple special exception requests that would allow West Development Partners LLC to crush rock, process sand and gravel and manufacture concrete in the New York town, according to a report from the Long Island Newsday.
A resolution at the board’s meeting last month would have set the hearing date as November 21, but board members decided to table the resolution after receiving a memo from town planning director Frank DeRubeis, who expressed concerns about other West Development Partners’ pending zoning applications.
Smithtown Supervisor Patrick Vecchio said officials do not yet know when the hearing will be rescheduled.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sales manager killed at sand and gravel plant1075 Views
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry660 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets251 Views
- Responses to Obama's State of the Union address227 Views
- Obama wants 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' no mention of gas tax hike224 Views