New York town postpones public hearing date for West Development Partners LLC
Members on the Smithtown Town Board voted last month to postpone the public hearing date for multiple special exception requests that would allow West Development Partners LLC to crush rock, process sand and gravel and manufacture concrete in the New York town, according to a report from the Long Island Newsday.
A resolution at the board’s meeting last month would have set the hearing date as November 21, but board members decided to table the resolution after receiving a memo from town planning director Frank DeRubeis, who expressed concerns about other West Development Partners’ pending zoning applications.
Smithtown Supervisor Patrick Vecchio said officials do not yet know when the hearing will be rescheduled.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs724 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries289 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law224 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding220 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs204 Views