Next year: All CA construction apprentices to get green building practices instruction
DAS creates opportunities for Californians to gain employable lifetime skills and provides employers with a highly skilled and experienced workforce by administering California apprenticeship law and enforcing apprenticeship standards for wages, hours and working conditions.
DAS promotes apprenticeship training through creation of partnerships, consults with program sponsors and monitors programs to ensure high standards for on-the-job training and supplemental classroom instruction. DAS annually awards completion certificates to the graduates of the 611 currently active apprenticeship programs in more than 500 occupations.
The California Apprenticeship Council issues regulations to carry out the intent of the state apprenticeship law and sets the general policy under which this program operates.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan shareholders reject board changes at annual meeting919 Views
- Excavators uncover ancient quarry in Jerusalem907 Views
- Graniterock uses grazing for grass management273 Views
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve228 Views
- Americans consume 3 million pounds of minerals in a lifetime220 Views