North Carolina grants Martin Marietta water quality certification for limestone quarry
The North Carolina Division of Water Quality on Wednesday approved the water quality certification for a proposed rock quarry in Beaufort County, North Carolina, WITN reported.
Martin Marietta has proposed the 1,600-acre limestone quarry be located off Welbourn Road near Vanceboro.
Some residents have expressed concerns about possible pollution, noting that wastewater from the quarry would end up in Blounts Creek, where many residents like to fish.
In addition to the water quality certification, Martin Marietta is seeking a national pollutant discharge elimination system permit. The permit would address a proposed discharge to streams leading to Blounts Creek.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Worker airlifted to hospital after accident with rock crusher486 Views
- 10-year-old boy falls 30 feet into NY quarry389 Views
- Cat rolls out its 6020B hydraulic shovel, matches 777G haul trucks383 Views
- VIDEO: Excavator scrapes 50 tons of sharp rock out of 2015 F-150315 Views
- Unexpected sand and gravel causes rollover accident280 Views