North Carolina grants Martin Marietta water quality certification for limestone quarry
The North Carolina Division of Water Quality on Wednesday approved the water quality certification for a proposed rock quarry in Beaufort County, North Carolina, WITN reported.
Martin Marietta has proposed the 1,600-acre limestone quarry be located off Welbourn Road near Vanceboro.
Some residents have expressed concerns about possible pollution, noting that wastewater from the quarry would end up in Blounts Creek, where many residents like to fish.
In addition to the water quality certification, Martin Marietta is seeking a national pollutant discharge elimination system permit. The permit would address a proposed discharge to streams leading to Blounts Creek.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Famous quarry for sale663 Views
- Update: MnDOT makes decision in mine expansion243 Views
- Don't drink and drive...that includes your wheel loader!214 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: A look at who’s in and who’s out in next Congress153 Views
- Atlas Copco addresses future, sustainability and growth at NASCAR Hall of Fame134 Views