NSSGA offers advanced supervisory training program
The National Stone, Sand and Gravel Association (NSSGA) is once again teaming up with Weir International Mining Consultants to present the Advanced Supervisory Training Program, scheduled for April 15-17 at the Georgian Terrace Hotel in Atlanta, Ga.
This class concentrates on communications and leadership skills through interactive sessions using role playing, case studies, team projects, and other proven management learning tools. The program builds on skills presented in the Basic Supervisory Training Program (though it is not a prerequisite), providing more in-depth treatment of the topics covered and greater emphasis on those topics of greatest interest to members of the NSSGA.
The instructors teach from the perspective of seasoned professionals who have worked in mines and understand the challenges unique to managing in a mining environment.
The three-day course will cover:
- Advanced communication skills,
- Developing effictive leadership skills,
- Evaluating and improving employee performance,
- Fundamentals of team building and employee development,
- Performance management using key performance indicators, and
- Understanding and facilitating change.
The course will benefit the following:
- Those who have previously completed the Basic Supervisory Training Program (not a prerequisite) and want to continue to a higher level of training.
- Supervisors, managers, and other operations personnel who manage employees and want to improve communications and leadership skills.
- Managers who have some experience or training but want to deepen their skills and knowledge.
Register at http://advancedsupervisory.nssga.org.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter436 Views
- Rogers Group's Pottsville Quarry reaches for the stars316 Views
- Quarry Quest is returning to Michels Materials Quarry in Wisconsin for a 17th year (VIDEO)270 Views
- Caterpillar to lay off another 475 employees267 Views
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry200 Views