NSSGA approves of House passage of water infrastructure bill
The House passed the measure — the Water Resources Reform & Development Act of 2013 (WRRDA) — last Wednesday with a vote of 417 to 3.
NSSGA said it supports WRRDA, adding that it “is a vital piece of legislation aimed at strengthening America’s vast water transportation network.”
The association also thanked its Aggregates in Action grassroots for urging Congress to pass the bill.
“The House action demonstrates that lawmakers can work together to draft and pass major legislation to improve the nation’s aging infrastructure,” NSSGA noted.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- House of Representatives passes bill blocking EPA's new Waters of the U.S. rule398 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines371 Views
- Cat introduces larger sizes of its Tier 4 Final articulated trucks358 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger333 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)311 Views