NSSGA approves of House passage of water infrastructure bill
The House passed the measure — the Water Resources Reform & Development Act of 2013 (WRRDA) — last Wednesday with a vote of 417 to 3.
NSSGA said it supports WRRDA, adding that it “is a vital piece of legislation aimed at strengthening America’s vast water transportation network.”
The association also thanked its Aggregates in Action grassroots for urging Congress to pass the bill.
“The House action demonstrates that lawmakers can work together to draft and pass major legislation to improve the nation’s aging infrastructure,” NSSGA noted.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest389 Views
- Metal and nonmetal mines get a total of 61 citations during August MSHA inspections373 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company333 Views
- Frac sand 101: What does it take to enter the high-value frac sand market and what does it mean for aggregate producers?317 Views
- Tips for meeting MSHA's tougher criteria for workplace examinations308 Views