NSSGA approves of House passage of water infrastructure bill
The House passed the measure — the Water Resources Reform & Development Act of 2013 (WRRDA) — last Wednesday with a vote of 417 to 3.
NSSGA said it supports WRRDA, adding that it “is a vital piece of legislation aimed at strengthening America’s vast water transportation network.”
The association also thanked its Aggregates in Action grassroots for urging Congress to pass the bill.
“The House action demonstrates that lawmakers can work together to draft and pass major legislation to improve the nation’s aging infrastructure,” NSSGA noted.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support179 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park155 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger148 Views
- Missouri man arrested for burglary of quarry and gun range113 Views