NSSGA approves of House passage of water infrastructure bill
The House passed the measure — the Water Resources Reform & Development Act of 2013 (WRRDA) — last Wednesday with a vote of 417 to 3.
NSSGA said it supports WRRDA, adding that it “is a vital piece of legislation aimed at strengthening America’s vast water transportation network.”
The association also thanked its Aggregates in Action grassroots for urging Congress to pass the bill.
“The House action demonstrates that lawmakers can work together to draft and pass major legislation to improve the nation’s aging infrastructure,” NSSGA noted.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities542 Views
- Loader operator dies after sand avalanche at Massachusetts sand and gravel company420 Views
- Location is key for Dolese Bros. Co.'s Davis Quarry414 Views
- A total of 27 states have sued the Obama administration over the new EPA water rule381 Views
- Fireworks are being blamed for a fire at a Montana quarry227 Views