NSSGA elects Ward Nye as Chairman of the Board
The National Stone, Sand and Gravel Association elected C. Howard (Ward) Nye, president and CEO of Martin Marietta Materials in Raleigh, North Carolina, as the 2013-2014 Chairman of the Board of the NSSGA during the association’s Board of Directors’ meeting at the its annual convention in San Antonio, Texas, on March 19.
Once elected, Nye began his term.
“We must build new bridges to our constituencies in order to carry out the mission of the association to advance the interests of the aggregates industry before the federal government, to achieve a safer and more healthful workplace, and to support sustainable communities,” Nye said during his address to the NSSGA Board of Directors.
Nye said it is important to press for a new long-term highway bill and dismiss short-term extensions by building bridges on policy issues with like-minded groups, coalitions, state associations and state governors.
Nye has been president and CEO of Martin Marietta Materials, as well as a member of the company’s Board of Directors, since January 2010.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Maryland man dies after becoming trapped in crushing machinery in asphalt plant519 Views
- FTC approves Holcim-Lafarge merger after companies agree to divest assets413 Views
- MSHA issues citations to seven metal/non-metal mines during impact inspections in March381 Views
- MSHA details mining deaths during quarterly training call286 Views
- Three people injured, two seriously, at underground quarry in Pennsylvania271 Views