NSSGA elects Ward Nye as Chairman of the Board
The National Stone, Sand and Gravel Association elected C. Howard (Ward) Nye, president and CEO of Martin Marietta Materials in Raleigh, North Carolina, as the 2013-2014 Chairman of the Board of the NSSGA during the association’s Board of Directors’ meeting at the its annual convention in San Antonio, Texas, on March 19.
Once elected, Nye began his term.
“We must build new bridges to our constituencies in order to carry out the mission of the association to advance the interests of the aggregates industry before the federal government, to achieve a safer and more healthful workplace, and to support sustainable communities,” Nye said during his address to the NSSGA Board of Directors.
Nye said it is important to press for a new long-term highway bill and dismiss short-term extensions by building bridges on policy issues with like-minded groups, coalitions, state associations and state governors.
Nye has been president and CEO of Martin Marietta Materials, as well as a member of the company’s Board of Directors, since January 2010.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand saves a construction worker's life500 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers336 Views
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 293 Views
- Mine pollution hurting fish habitats across America190 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts161 Views