NSSGA elects Ward Nye as Chairman of the Board
The National Stone, Sand and Gravel Association elected C. Howard (Ward) Nye, president and CEO of Martin Marietta Materials in Raleigh, North Carolina, as the 2013-2014 Chairman of the Board of the NSSGA during the association’s Board of Directors’ meeting at the its annual convention in San Antonio, Texas, on March 19.
Once elected, Nye began his term.
“We must build new bridges to our constituencies in order to carry out the mission of the association to advance the interests of the aggregates industry before the federal government, to achieve a safer and more healthful workplace, and to support sustainable communities,” Nye said during his address to the NSSGA Board of Directors.
Nye said it is important to press for a new long-term highway bill and dismiss short-term extensions by building bridges on policy issues with like-minded groups, coalitions, state associations and state governors.
Nye has been president and CEO of Martin Marietta Materials, as well as a member of the company’s Board of Directors, since January 2010.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry742 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets552 Views
- MSHA files more discrimination complaints in 2014 than any other year312 Views
- Caterpillar full-year earnings dip with bad 4Q; 2015 doesn't look good either280 Views
- A. Colarusso and Son acquires Holcim land in NY136 Views