NSSGA elects Ward Nye as Chairman of the Board
The National Stone, Sand and Gravel Association elected C. Howard (Ward) Nye, president and CEO of Martin Marietta Materials in Raleigh, North Carolina, as the 2013-2014 Chairman of the Board of the NSSGA during the association’s Board of Directors’ meeting at the its annual convention in San Antonio, Texas, on March 19.
Once elected, Nye began his term.
“We must build new bridges to our constituencies in order to carry out the mission of the association to advance the interests of the aggregates industry before the federal government, to achieve a safer and more healthful workplace, and to support sustainable communities,” Nye said during his address to the NSSGA Board of Directors.
Nye said it is important to press for a new long-term highway bill and dismiss short-term extensions by building bridges on policy issues with like-minded groups, coalitions, state associations and state governors.
Nye has been president and CEO of Martin Marietta Materials, as well as a member of the company’s Board of Directors, since January 2010.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger452 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources441 Views
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities397 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register368 Views
- Atlanta turning quarry into one of America's largest reservoirs366 Views